ann329

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my lmo last week and I'm hurrying up in filing my application to CEM since I only have limited time due to current working duties. I just need an expert's help in what should i put in my IMM1295 form if I'm applying for TWP for the question "What type of work are you applying for?" I am searching for a temporary working permit but I can't find any so I choose Open Work Permit. I don't know but it states that Open Work Permits are for those who will be accompanying their family members in Canada upon their submission of the application to CEM. Is it right to just choose "Other"? I'm really confused. Another one is it okay to leave the expected start of date of employment in IMM1295 because on my lmo it did't have indicated starting date of employment. Then in my Family Information form, should I cross out yes for the names of my parents and siblings. I don't know what shall I think about the statement of Accompanying you in Canada because it could be for future purposes in case they want to visit me there or they'll come with you as you go to Canada. I'm a little scared Filipina here because I don't want to loose this chance to have this job. I know that I could have a greater opportunity to grow if I'll have this visa and work with y employer's staffs. Thank you for your response.

P.S. how much proof of funds shall I have to convince the officers that I have the sufficient funds to support my personal needs during the days and weeks that I won't have any salary in case that it would be a monthly salary manner.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all - don't rush too much in filling out the forms in your application - rushing leads to errors and mistakes. Take a day or two when you are free and then fill-up the forms, taking time to check the related literature available on the CIC site that is relevant. Usually the information is there but you need to be patient in searching and clicking on the related links and tools. :)

Also read through the Instruction Guide (IMM5487) - it has plenty of tips and guides in filling out the forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp

ann329 said:
"What type of work are you applying for?" I am searching for a temporary working permit but I can't find any so I choose Open Work Permit. I don't know but it states that Open Work Permits are for those who will be accompanying their family members in Canada upon their submission of the application to CEM. Is it right to just choose "Other"? I'm really confused.
Depends on your JD, contract and LMO - what is stated there? If you do not fall under IEC, LIC, not a spouse of a WP holder (NOC A,B and O), and your work is not seasonal - then your only choice is "Other"

Another one is it okay to leave the expected start of date of employment in IMM1295 because on my lmo it did't have indicated starting date of employment.
Clarify this with your employer. This should be stated in your employment contract/agreement or job offer letter. The form will not complete validation if there are no entries here - you will not see the bar code generated. IMHO there should be a basis from where the dates are taken from - and this is the EC/Job Offer letter

Then in my Family Information form, should I cross out yes for the names of my parents and siblings. I don't know what shall I think about the statement of Accompanying you in Canada because it could be for future purposes in case they want to visit me there or they'll come with you as you go to Canada.
That is Form IMM5645E - if they are not coming with you when you go to Canada - then No. If you intend that they be accompanying you when you fly out, and want to process their visas at the same time as your WP - then Yes.

Good luck with your application...hope this helps...

ann329

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ragluf said:
First of all - don't rush too much in filling out the forms in your application - rushing leads to errors and mistakes. Take a day or two when you are free and then fill-up the forms, taking time to check the related literature available on the CIC site that is relevant. Usually the information is there but you need to be patient in searching and clicking on the related links and tools. :)

Also read through the Instruction Guide (IMM5487) - it has plenty of tips and guides in filling out the forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp
Depends on your JD, contract and LMO - what is stated there? If you do not fall under IEC, LIC, not a spouse of a WP holder (NOC A,B and O), and your work is not seasonal - then your only choice is "Other"
Clarify this with your employer. This should be stated in your employment contract/agreement or job offer letter. The form will not complete validation if there are no entries here - you will not see the bar code generated. IMHO there should be a basis from where the dates are taken from - and this is the EC/Job Offer letter
That is Form IMM5645E - if they are not coming with you when you go to Canada - then No. If you intend that they be accompanying you when you fly out, and want to process their visas at the same time as your WP - then Yes.

Good luck with your application...hope this helps...

Thanks for your response regarding my inquiries. Anyways, are you a Filipino too? And lastly I don't know how to ask this but do you know what's the contact number of the CEM's customer representatives. I'll just verify what are the documents that I'll need to complete my application for a TWP as a cook with a NOC6242. If you can help me in answering my queries, please feel free to posts it here. I'm quite still on process of completing some documents like CENOMAR, diploma, mgr's check the a bank certificate. Ohh one more question, do i need to show my proof of funds or not? Thank you ragluf. :D

bel

Jul 20, 2012
hi po...applying for working permit then po. trying to think to fill up the correct one with regards to the family information. For parents and siblings should i click the No for accompanying? did you click the NO portion as well?

Just confused what to fill up since it might affect my application in the future. I dont know exactly what it means. Anyone can advise me for this.

Thank you....

ann329

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bel said:
hi po...applying for working permit then po. trying to think to fill up the correct one with regards to the family information. For parents and siblings should i click the No for accompanying? did you click the NO portion as well?

Just confused what to fill up since it might affect my application in the future. I dont know exactly what it means. Anyone can advise me for this.

Thank you....
hello po if isasama mo po sa canada parents mo check yes pero if ikaw lang pupunta dun check no po. sana makatulong po :)