+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me on Educational evluation

sivapra329

Jan 15, 2016
Hi,

I want to apply for express entry. I have done my Master' s evaluation through WES. However I would like to evaluate my Bachelors degree also (B.Sc Three Years). Will it add any additional points in CRS score. Please advice me.

Thanks
Deep

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, you only get points for your 'highest' Educational credential. Hence I suggest you send your 'Master's qualification for evaluation.

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
It can get you more points in the Skill transferability factors.
You should calculate your points with just the Master degree, and then see if adding the second degree can give you more points.

Skill transferability - Education: maximum is 50pts
Skill transferability - Foreign Work Experience: maximum is 50pts

If you already reach the maximum without the second degree, your BSc won't be used at all. (And you can save some time/money)
If it gives you more points, it's up to you to see if it's worth it. (Who knows, maybe you already have 470+ pts ;-) and don't really need more to get ITA)

Here's the link to calculate manually http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can send both bachelors + masters degree for evaluation..both will be evaluated by WES..the cost is same.. (I have done this)

However, you will get the CRS points only for your highest level of degree..

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivapra329 said:
Hi,

I want to apply for express entry. I have done my Master' s evaluation through WES. However I would like to evaluate my Bachelors degree also (B.Sc Three Years). Will it add any additional points in CRS score. Please advice me.

Thanks
Deep
Did your evaluation result in a Master's degree equivalency?

If yes, you already have the highest possible points.

If no, sending your other degree for evaluation may enable you to choose 2 or more degrees, which gives you more points than a single degree, but less than a Master's.

defintelyguru said:
It can get you more points in the Skill transferability factors.
You should calculate your points with just the Master degree, and then see if adding the second degree can give you more points.
That's incorrect. A Master's degree results in maximum points for skills transferability on the education axis.

sivapra329

Jan 15, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I already had my Masters degree evaluated by WES and the report says equivalent to Masters. I was just wondering if I could add my Bachelors will it add more points. But seems there wont be any additional points for my Bachelors. My CRS score is 426. I am looking at Provincial Nominee. Meanwhile I am trying to improve my English scores. Could you please suggest which province has better chances for me. I am on NOC code 2173. Currently residing in Toronto.

Thanks
Deep

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Dexmoody said:
That's incorrect. A Master's degree results in maximum points for skills transferability on the education axis.
A masters is indeed considered as more than "one degree" as it requires a previous degree to get one.
Though you still need to provide proof of the Bachelor degree. And if it has not been done in Canada, it needs to be assessed and/or translated.
Otherwise, those points could be simply denied when the application is being processed.
Not something you'd want.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
defintelyguru said:
A masters is indeed considered as more than "one degree" as it requires a previous degree to get one.
Though you still need to provide proof of the Bachelor degree. And if it has not been done in Canada, it needs to be assessed and/or translated.
Otherwise, those points could be simply denied when the application is being processed.
Not something you'd want.
Do you have the source for this?

I think I have read a lot of threads on this forum and heard from many people here that you don't need an ECA for your Bachelor if you have a Canadian Master or a Master that's ECA assessed as the equivalence of a Canadian Master.

Therefore, having your foreign bachelor assessed will not give you any additional points.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
wenfeizh said:
Do you have the source for this?

I think I have read a lot of threads on this forum and heard from many people here that you don't need an ECA for your Bachelor if you have a Canadian Master or a Master that's ECA assessed as the equivalence of a Canadian Master.

Therefore, having your foreign bachelor assessed will not give you any additional points.
Thats right.

You only get points for your highest degree anyway so if you have a Masters degree, that already gets you more points than the two or more category.

So if you claimed points for a Masters degree you wouldnt need to have other degrees assessed as they wouldnt get you any extra points either way.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
Thats right.

You only get points for your highest degree anyway so if you have a Masters degree, that already gets you more points than the two or more category.

So if you claimed points for a Masters degree you wouldnt need to have other degrees assessed as they wouldnt get you any extra points either way.

*High Five* Andre

Andre can I ask you a question, so I know that I dont need ECA for my foreign Bachelor degree, and I will upload both my Master degree and transcripts. Do I need to upload my Bachelor degree with certified translation or not?

I am trying to get as many opinions from different people as possible

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
wenfeizh said:
*High Five* Andre

Andre can I ask you a question, so I know that I dont need ECA for my foreign Bachelor degree, and I will upload both my Master degree and transcripts. Do I need to upload my Bachelor degree with certified translation or not?

I am trying to get as many opinions from different people as possible
Sure. Happy to give my perspective.

For completeness sake, you can definitely provide them with your Bachelor's degree as well, but if you dont have an ECA for it, I wouldnt bother. If you had the ECA anyway, then sure but without it, its just another thing a case officer has to look at without it being really relevant to your assessment.

Just make sure you have your Master's degree completely covered with ECA, degree, transcripts and that should be good enough to cover your education claims.

If you really wanted to include something, I would only provide the degree and a translation. In my opinion, it is unnecessary though.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
Sure. Happy to give my perspective.

For completeness sake, you can definitely provide them with your Bachelor's degree as well, but if you dont have an ECA for it, I wouldnt bother. If you had the ECA anyway, then sure but without it, its just another thing a case officer has to look at without it being really relevant to your assessment.

Just make sure you have your Master's degree completely covered with ECA, degree, transcripts and that should be good enough to cover your education claims.

If you really wanted to include something, I would only provide the degree and a translation. In my opinion, it is unnecessary though.
Sorry I forgot to mention that my Master is a Canadian degree so I have everything that I need as proof for that.

Just that I dont have my foreign Bachelor's transcripts. Only Bachelor degree certificate with translation (NO transcript)

Thanks for your input!

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
wenfeizh said:
Sorry I forgot to mention that my Master is a Canadian degree so I have everything that I need as proof for that.

Just that I dont have my foreign Bachelor's transcripts. Only Bachelor degree certificate with translation (NO transcript)

Thanks for your input!
No worries about that.

Seems to me you are well prepared for your application submission. The documents you mentioned should be perfectly fine and as mentioned above, I dont see a need to include any of the Bachelor documents but you can definitely include them anyway.

If you dont, it really shouldnt make a difference either since your points are based on the Masters degree anyway, so as long as you have that covered, thats what matters.

All the best for your application!