+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me obtain PR?

tomate

Jun 17, 2017
Hi,

My situation is this:
I'm 18. I have been accepted into my dream university Queen's University for fall 2017. I realize I will apply for a study permit for this but I want to know if there is absolutely anyway possible to get permanent residency within 1 to 2 years of being in Canada? I ask because being an American I have to pay international tuition which my parents were confused on until now and I have already accepted this university's offer. I received only about $5-6k in federal loans from the FAFSA and no Pell. My family will have to apply for a loan through Sallie Mae. Possibly using money from selling our home in 2 years to pay off the loan as our house has went over double its bought price. If I can get permanent residency before my years are over I could pay the domestic tuition which would make things much easier. I'm fresh out of high school so I have no job experience so there goes most of the PR options unless theres a non-express one? I also have a Canadian girlfriend of a 4 years ldr who is attending the same school. Is there any way she could sponsor me for PR? She is 19 and we are same sex. Is there a way we could say we are conjural or common law for sponsorship? I read that in Ontario if I pass the preliminary reqs for PR I can get domestic tuition. Please help and thank you

If this doesn't work out I guess I can apply to St. Lawrence College, but I don't know how good that'll be to obtain a degree from there. My parents feel shame in me going to a college than a university.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Conjugal sponsorship is not an option. Americans don't qualify since there are no real immigration barriers to getting married or becoming common law. Your options are to get married or become common law (this means you need to live with your girlfriend for a minimum of a full year continuously before she will be able to sponsor you and will need to provide evidence you've cohabitated for at least a year).

You need a minimum of one year of full time and paid work experience to apply for PR through an economic immigration program. So this isn't an option for you.