+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP ME guys!!! GCMS note here

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Hi guys, I received my note today, apply in May under SDS, Memorial University. Timeline here:
July: They reviewed my file and said I am not eligible for SDS since I paid not full tuition (my school first year tuition is 6,4k; but in the application form, in the section tuition, I put it 12,8k for 2 years program)
Sep: They send me the request to upload proof of tuition payment, I didn't know why at that time, but still submitted my tuition receipt for first year (6,4k), attached with a document showing tuition for first year in total is 6,4k.
No update since then, on the note the same.
Can I fail because of this stupid reason? I am so depressed... How can I reach out to IRCC now guys?

https://i.postimg.cc/fW3rHT2b/Tuition-in-form.jpg

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
" but still submitted my tuition receipt for first year (6,4k), attached with a document showing tuition for first year in total is 6,4k."
Do you mean first semester? because I highly doubt that first year tuition is 6,400 CAD

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
" but still submitted my tuition receipt for first year (6,4k), attached with a document showing tuition for first year in total is 6,4k."
Do you mean first semester? because I highly doubt that first year tuition is 6,400 CAD
hi, no the first year is 6.4k. Memorial is famous of having the cheapest tuition in Canada, it has fund from the province and government.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Got it. I know you are worried but do not panic and end up sending comms to IRCC that might jeopardize your application. The notes does not show refusal (as per what your shared). Wait for someone senior here to advise what to do next.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
hi, no the first year is 6.4k. Memorial is famous of having the cheapest tuition in Canada, it has fund from the province and government.
I hear that recently they are requiring proof of total years for tuition and livings expenses, anyway not sure if is accurate. But I would pay the full program cost and update them or I would request a letter from MU confirming that you had paid the tuition in full. I had my first study permit refused due to funds just because I submitted proof for the first year and chose intake May, so in the LOA instead of the college inform the one year costs they informed 1 year + spring semester and even explaining that the amount was for 1.5 years they denied anyway. Now... is you gcms notes from after the submission of the receipt or prior?

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
I hear that recently they are requiring proof of total years for tuition and livings expenses, anyway not sure if is accurate. But I would pay the full program cost and update them or I would request a letter from MU confirming that you had paid the tuition in full. I had my first study permit refused due to funds just because I submitted proof for the first year and chose intake May, so in the LOA instead of the college inform the one year costs they informed 1 year + spring semester and even explaining that the amount was for 1.5 years they denied anyway. Now... is you gcms notes from after the submission of the receipt or prior?
Hi the note comes today, I submitted the tuition proof of payment on 11 Sep. But it seems like they haven't looked at it. I think SDS criteria is 1st year tuition only not all years of the program right?

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi the note comes today, I submitted the tuition proof of payment on 11 Sep. But it seems like they haven't looked at it. I think SDS criteria is 1st year tuition only not all years of the program right?
You should check the date on your notes. The date it was issued is usually different from the date it was received. If the issuance is prior it shouldn’t be a problem. But you can always call then from outside Canada using the app TextNow and choosing Canada area code as phone number. Dos not hurt to ask.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Got it. I know you are worried but do not panic and end up sending comms to IRCC that might jeopardize your application. The notes does not show refusal (as per what your shared). Wait for someone senior here to advise what to do next.
yeah thank you, I am trying not to panic now...

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
You should check the date on your notes. The date it was issued is usually different from the date it was received. If the issuance is prior it shouldn’t be a problem. But you can always call then from outside Canada using the app TextNow and choosing Canada area code as phone number. Dos not hurt to ask.
the request date is 13 October. I sent the tuition proof on 11 Sep. You mean I can call IRCC directly?

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
could you upload your school fee document? I check the university website and it stated that the tuition fee for an international student is 11k/year, and here it is https://www.mun.ca/undergrad/money/index.php.
Btw, what program did you apply to?
hi, I applied traditional MBA. the link you sent is for undergraduate. The tuition for 2 years program is 12.8k. Other MBA student who got AIP already also paid 6.4k for first year.

SDSstudent

Aug 26, 2019
Well, then you should request the confirmation letter of your payment from your university and in the letter, it should state that the amount you paid for is for two years. From my point of view, the officer is confused with that tuition fee. If you have already requested the letter and uploaded it then all you can do is wait.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Hi guys, I received my note today, apply in May under SDS, Memorial University. Timeline here:
July: They reviewed my file and said I am not eligible for SDS since I paid not full tuition (my school first year tuition is 6,4k; but in the application form, in the section tuition, I put it 12,8k for 2 years program)
Sep: They send me the request to upload proof of tuition payment, I didn't know why at that time, but still submitted my tuition receipt for first year (6,4k), attached with a document showing tuition for first year in total is 6,4k.
No update since then, on the note the same.
Can I fail because of this stupid reason? I am so depressed... How can I reach out to IRCC now guys?

https://i.postimg.cc/fW3rHT2b/Tuition-in-form.jpg
This is the thing you only have to mention the tution fee for first year in the study permit form while applying for sds visa.