+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me determine whether this Job is NOC B

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Hi,
Please help me determine whether this is a NOC B job (I only got few days to accept the offer and I don't have any formal training/experience related to the field other than working at McDonald's for sometime).
The title of the position says-Line cook / Kitchen help - I am almost sure the NOC 6322 but don't know why Kitchen help is mentioned with the title and causing the confusion. Asked the HR/manager but they are clueless about NOC/PR terms. All they said they give out offer like this. I am on my PGWP now.

Responsibilities listed on the offer letter:

• Ensure Preparation station and the kitchen is set up and stocked
• Prepare components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, preparing sauces, and other condiments.
• Dropping food in fryers.
• Check food plating and temperature
• Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
• Clean prep area and take care of leftovers
•Follow portion sizes
• Receiving Inventory and checking accuracy of inventory invoices.
•Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
• Follow wastage reports
• Attending to the take out counter, dessert station: Taking customer orders and processing payment.
• Ice cream machine weekly cleaning maintenance
• Preparing Room Service delivery according to our protocols
• Follows proper opening and closing procedures
• Cleaning of dishes and dish pit area as well organizing dish rack
• Preparing alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks for servers

Experienced members here, please have a look and give me your honest opinion. I have been searching for a NOC B job for a long time and I just wanna be employed full-time in PR-eligible job. Thank you.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
NOC B is technical right?
this doesn't sound very technical
to get PR off the back of your PGWP isn't it supposed to be related to what you graduated in? I doubt you had a degree in being a kitchen porter/ low level line cook

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
NOC B is technical right?
this doesn't sound very technical
to get PR off the back of your PGWP isn't it supposed to be related to what you graduated in? I doubt you had a degree in being a kitchen porter/ low level line cook
Nope, it doesn't have to be technical and PR out of PGWP doesn't have to be something what you studied. It could be anything as long as the experience is gained in a NOC A/B or 0

I almost sure this NOC B (6322) job based on the job title but the responsibilities does share with NOC 6711 that's why anyone with line cook experience, please share your experience- also, this is at a restaurant not a fast-food store.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Please help me determine whether this is a NOC B job (I only got few days to accept the offer and I don't have any formal training/experience related to the field other than working at McDonald's for sometime).
The title of the position says-Line cook / Kitchen help - I am almost sure the NOC 6322 but don't know why Kitchen help is mentioned with the title and causing the confusion. Asked the HR/manager but they are clueless about NOC/PR terms. All they said they give out offer like this. I am on my PGWP now.

Responsibilities listed on the offer letter:

• Ensure Preparation station and the kitchen is set up and stocked
• Prepare components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, preparing sauces, and other condiments.
• Dropping food in fryers.
• Check food plating and temperature
• Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
• Clean prep area and take care of leftovers
•Follow portion sizes
• Receiving Inventory and checking accuracy of inventory invoices.
•Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
• Follow wastage reports
• Attending to the take out counter, dessert station: Taking customer orders and processing payment.
• Ice cream machine weekly cleaning maintenance
• Preparing Room Service delivery according to our protocols
• Follows proper opening and closing procedures
• Cleaning of dishes and dish pit area as well organizing dish rack
• Preparing alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks for servers

Experienced members here, please have a look and give me your honest opinion. I have been searching for a NOC B job for a long time and I just wanna be employed full-time in PR-eligible job. Thank you.
Who is the employer? This looks like NOC 6711 to me based on the job duties. IRCC will determine the NOC based on the job duties - not the job title.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nope, it doesn't have to be technical and PR out of PGWP doesn't have to be something what you studied. It could be anything as long as the experience is gained in a NOC A/B or 0

I almost sure this NOC B (6322) job based on the job title but the responsibilities does share with NOC 6711 that's why anyone with line cook experience, please share your experience- also, this is at a restaurant not a fast-food store.
Just to add to my note above, if you look at the job duties, they are a very close match with 6711. I do not think they are a close match to 6322. IMO this job is clearly 6711.

Reactions: rogertoland

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Just to add to my note above, if you look at the job duties, they are a very close match with 6711. I do not think they are a close match to 6322. IMO this job is clearly 6711.
Thank you. I was able to make a better decision with this information though one of the coworker kept telling me it is a B level job.