+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me defining my NOC code

under_pressure

Oct 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I studied 3 years in University Electronics Technician which in Canada would be like Electronics Engineering Technology NOC 2241.

Now, my occupation during 7 years is based on Electronics but also is more like Instrumentation Technician: I have had working with equipments that have mechanics, Pneumatics, Electrical and Electronics, and chemical part inside.

There is a NOC 2243 which is: Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics, and have this inside:

"Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics repair, maintain, calibrate, adjust, and install industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation. They are employed by pulp and paper processing companies, nuclear and hydro power generating companies, mining, petrochemical and natural gas companies, industrial instrument and other manufacturing companies, and by industrial instrument servicing establishments."

And in employment requirements this:

"Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a four- or five-year apprenticeship program in industrial instrument repair
or
Completion of a two-year college program in industrial instrumentation technology and several years of work experience are usually required for trade certification."

Now my question is: Which code would be more accurate for me?, I think based on my occupation would be 2243 but based on the requirements seems to be more oriented to and apprenticeship or a certification (2243) than a Technologist which perhaps is not inline with my studies in order to support an application. Otherwise I think it have to be 2241 because it's more in accordance with my studies background. Opinions?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe Send an email to the NOC support as unlikely to get a reply here unless someone has similar profile http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/english/NOC/2011/ContactUs.aspx

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Ever heard of Google? Took me 10 seconds: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ContactUs.aspx

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
Code:
 i will advise you to fill 2241,  you cannot change your school result, thats the evidence you have, am also an electrical engineer

under_pressure

Oct 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, finally I asked to Hrsdc about it, I gave them my profile and what my job offer says, and they confirm me 2243 as my code.
I think the thing is your NOC is more about your practical occupation than your studies, off course they have to be related but the occupation is heavier perhaps.