+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me clarify a CIC request

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
Hi all,
We've recieved a requests for more info From CIC... We're in process for PR CEC Inland. I'm wanting some clarification if possible. Here's the body of the letter (some dates removed)

This letter is about your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue the
review of your application we require that you provide us with detailed information for the time
period between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.

Please provide us with residency, occupation/studies, travels, etc. for the period mentioned. If
you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed,
studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc). If you were studying, please provide the location
of studies, time period when you took the course. If you participated in a distance education
program/online studies, please indicate the name of the institution, the location where course was
taken, etc.

You must identify your activities during the specified period detailing day, month and year for
each entry.

This request is for the year of 2014 and the letter is addressed to my wife who is the primary applicant. There is no mention of me (the spouse) or our kids on there (they are both Canadian). the only reason that this has been requested for that year is that She spent some time in Canada continuing to work on implied Status while waiting for her Visa to be renewed.

Here's my questions:

1) Can anyone give insight into why this would be requested for a specific year?
2) Is there a form I can fill or shall we just construct our own.
3) There was some travels to Australia for my wife (she's a USA citizen) Does the usual rules apply about travels outside country of residence and Origin apply or must we now record every time she traveled to the USA? (we do lots of day trips, that will be a problem).
4) Is there a way to discern why this was requested?

I'm just wanting to make sure we're doing this the easiest way, for both us and the agent assessing.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
This is normal. Many people get this letter if the dates are somehow overlapping in your application. Just fill it up as they require it and it will be fine. You need to tell them everything about an international trip, including dates and the purpose.

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
It's good to know there's eyes on the application at least! Thanks for the info... funnily enough it was a very quiet year.... so there's not much to report.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
stubish said:
the only reason that this has been requested for that year is that She spent some time in Canada continuing to work on implied Status while waiting for her Visa to be renewed.
With all the travel you mentioned and the implied status, I just hope she was aware that while she was on implied status, she could not leave Canada. If she did, she lost her implied status... Hopefully, that was not an issue : )