+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help, marriage fraud :(

redummi01

Mar 25, 2016
what do i do if i believe that I am a victim of marriage fraud?

Sponsored husband in Oct. 2014, visited him in Pakistan (we are both of Pakistani ethnicity) in the spring of 2015, became pregnant, went back to Canada, he received PR Sept. 2015, arrived in Canada in Oct 2015, I gave birth Jan. 9, 2016, he abandoned us on Jan. 10th, 2016.

He refuses to tell me where he lives, occasionally sends money (because he has a huge debt to me for all the money I loaned him throughout our relationship). I just read online that it is possible that he may be required to live with me for a two year period for his PR to qualify so I think that is why he is sending me any money at all mainly because I think he is aware that by not living with me he is risking his PR status in Canada as he only stayed with me for 3 months.

He rarely if ever takes my calls, or responds to messages, when he does he just tries to make things up and blame me for things I didnt even say or do. He is totally trying to legitimize his abandoning us but that is BS, I firmly believe he planned this all along. He is secretly making online accounts in attempts to meet women here in BC (my sleuthing skills are pretty sharp and I discovered his account unbeknownst to him) I dont mind because I have no desire to reconcile with him as he totally used me for his PR and abandoned us the very day we came home from the hospital. I was made aware that his family in Pakistan was already aware of his plans and want him to remarry to someone younger (I am 4 years older than him) since culturally being an older woman (I am only 36 years old) am considered a bad choice for marriage. Though he has only seen our son ONCE since abandoning us (I had to beg him to make time on a weekend and he made me drive 40 minutes to meet him for 2 hours), on the phone he has threatened to take my son back to Pakistan if I don't "follow his ways", as well his family has also attempted to lure me into bringing my son to Pakistan and they have also revealed themselves to be TOTALLY different than what they initially portrayed. They were telling me not to disclose any of our conversations to my parents and that me and my son are now 'their property' and my family was no longer 'my family'. They are flippin psycho. I never could have imagined this scenario.
It is now pretty obvious to me that he was just after his PR all this time. I just never imagined someone could be so ruthless for something like this. I mean we had a baby!!!!!

THere are far greater details I could go in to but I just need to sort out what my rights are here - it is not 'revenge' that I want but I am genuinely concerned about my son being forcefully taken abroad. I went through a lot of trouble to get him here and I never imagined he would turn out like one of those guys.
I have ended up in a fine mess & I don't want to just let him get away with all of this!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Based on the information you provided, it does sound like he has conditional PR. If you want to report him to CIC for marriage fraud, start here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

Good luck.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redummi01 said:

Sponsored husband in Oct. 2014, visited him in Pakistan (we are both of Pakistani ethnicity) in the spring of 2015, became pregnant, went back to Canada, he received PR Sept. 2015, arrived in Canada in Oct 2015, I gave birth Jan. 9, 2016, he abandoned us on Jan. 10th, 2016.

He refuses to tell me where he lives, occasionally sends money (because he has a huge debt to me for all the money I loaned him throughout our relationship). I just read online that it is possible that he may be required to live with me for a two year period for his PR to qualify so I think that is why he is sending me any money at all mainly because I think he is aware that by not living with me he is risking his PR status in Canada as he only stayed with me for 3 months.

He rarely if ever takes my calls, or responds to messages, when he does he just tries to make things up and blame me for things I didnt even say or do. He is totally trying to legitimize his abandoning us but that is BS, I firmly believe he planned this all along. He is secretly making online accounts in attempts to meet women here in BC (my sleuthing skills are pretty sharp and I discovered his account unbeknownst to him) I dont mind because I have no desire to reconcile with him as he totally used me for his PR and abandoned us the very day we came home from the hospital. I was made aware that his family in Pakistan was already aware of his plans and want him to remarry to someone younger (I am 4 years older than him) since culturally being an older woman (I am only 36 years old) am considered a bad choice for marriage. Though he has only seen our son ONCE since abandoning us (I had to beg him to make time on a weekend and he made me drive 40 minutes to meet him for 2 hours), on the phone he has threatened to take my son back to Pakistan if I don't "follow his ways", as well his family has also attempted to lure me into bringing my son to Pakistan and they have also revealed themselves to be TOTALLY different than what they initially portrayed. They were telling me not to disclose any of our conversations to my parents and that me and my son are now 'their property' and my family was no longer 'my family'. They are flippin psycho. I never could have imagined this scenario.
It is now pretty obvious to me that he was just after his PR all this time. I just never imagined someone could be so ruthless for something like this. I mean we had a baby!!!!!

THere are far greater details I could go in to but I just need to sort out what my rights are here - it is not 'revenge' that I want but I am genuinely concerned about my son being forcefully taken abroad. I went through a lot of trouble to get him here and I never imagined he would turn out like one of those guys.
I have ended up in a fine mess & I don't want to just let him get away with all of this!
Sorry to hear about your situation. What you need to do is to call CIC and inform that your relationship has broken apart. You can also voice your suspicions and say that you believe it to be a case of marriage fraud due to the reasons you mentioned above. It will be up to CIC to investigate and follow up on this case and take actions to revoke his PR status.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please report him. People like that make me sick and do NOT deserve to live in Canada. Follow up with CIC immediately.

Sorry you had to go through that. You're better off alone than with someone like him anyways!

adogtiger

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1:25-03-2016;AOR2:18-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
redummi01 said:

This is a really bad story.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
Your child is Canadian born, there's no way he can forcefully take him to your country unless you choose to, report him it's clear he has no intentions of actually being a father or your husband so do not feel sorry for him, if he chooses to go on welfare you will be responsible to pay back every cent and with interest, I'm sorry this is happening to your especially after just having a baby, take care of you and your son.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
redummi01 said:
on the phone he has threatened to take my son back to Pakistan if I don't "follow his ways", as well his family has also attempted to lure me into bringing my son to Pakistan
You should seek full custody. I also suggest you place your child's name on the Passport Canada System Lookout List, which should prevent the father from being able to get a Canadian passport for the child. A quick Google search says that the father cannot apply for a Pakistani passport for the child without your permission.

impatientwife said:
Your child is Canadian born, there's no way he can forcefully take him to your country unless you choose to
Unfortunately, that isn't true; many Canadian children are the victims of international parental kidnappings.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
canuck_in_uk said:
You should seek full custody. I also suggest you place your child's name on the Passport Canada System Lookout List, which should prevent the father from being able to get a Canadian passport for the child. A quick Google search says that the father cannot apply for a Pakistani passport for the child without your permission.

Unfortunately, that isn't true; many Canadian children are the victims of international parental kidnappings.
Yes but Canada has somewhat cut down on those, the child will need a passport to travel which needs both parents signature, passport pictures will need to be taken so hopefully she won't allow him access like that, I can go on and yes I know there are ways around things but she's protected by Canadian law all she has to do is be careful how she handles things with this man, no need to freak her out more than she already is.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
impatientwife said:
Yes but Canada has somewhat cut down on those, the child will need a passport to travel which needs both parents signature, passport pictures will need to be taken so hopefully she won't allow him access like that, I can go on and yes I know there are ways around things but she's protected by Canadian law all she has to do is be careful how she handles things with this man, no need to freak her out more than she already is.
Incorrect.

International parental kidnappings in Canada are actually on the rise. See here http://travel.gc.ca/assistance/emergency-info/child-abduction-welfare.

One parent can obtain a passport for their child in Canada and the signature of the other parent can be easily forged. As the mother does not have full custody, she cannot deny the father access to the child, so he can quite easily get the child for 10 minutes to take passport photos.

I am not freaking her out. Her ex and his family have threatened to kidnap the child and Pakistan is not a signatory to the Hague Abduction Convention, so she needs to do absolutely everything possible now to prevent it from happening.

Telling her that it can't happen when it most definitely can and does happen is no help.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
canuck_in_uk said:
Incorrect.

International parental kidnappings in Canada are actually on the rise. See here http://travel.gc.ca/assistance/emergency-info/child-abduction-welfare.

One parent can obtain a passport for their child in Canada and the signature of the other parent can be easily forged. As the mother does not have full custody, she cannot deny the father access to the child, so he can quite easily get the child for 10 minutes to take passport photos.

I am not freaking her out. Her ex and his family have threatened to kidnap the child and Pakistan is not a signatory to the Hague Abduction Convention, so she needs to do absolutely everything possible now to prevent it from happening.

Telling her that it can't happen when it most definitely can and does happen is no help.
I never said it couldn't happen, just that the chances are low if she plays her cards right, there's a lot more I'll choose not to into details here, he'll probably get his status revoked anyways since its conditional if she reports him which she should, and seek to get custody in the meantime,

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Don't take your child to Pakistan for any reason for a few years at least. The laws are different there, and for all we know, it could be that fathers are routinely given custody there.

Try to gather evidence that he and his family are threatening you. For example, emails or messages where he says he is going to take the child to Pakistan, etc. If you can't, make a note of each time he and they say such things, with the date and time, what was said, etc. This may help you if there is a custody fight.

I would get a lawyer. Get full custody, if possible, and if the father gets awarded visitation, try to make sure it is only supervised visitation (because of the danger of parental abduction).

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Because the father has threatened to take the baby, you could also take out a restraining order against him, preventing him from seeing the baby. I know you want him to have a relationship with the child, but it is dangerous.

You could also try recording phone calls from him or his family, so you will have proof they are threatening to take the child. Recording without permission will make the evidence inadmissible in a criminal court case, but this is family court, so is OK.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Dear redummi01,

I'm sorry for what happened to you. Be strong for you and your baby.

PLEASE do something about this NOW. Don't let him pass the conditional PR stage because things could get worst as he is technically "free" from you. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Gather as much evidence as you could especially the threats because for sure, he will fight back and throw nasty things about you.

Lastly, if possible, don't go to Pakistan for now.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
This is a very , very unfortunate story and I am sorry for you. It is because of people like him that CIC behaves they way they do - sad but true fact. Some people are willing to do absolutely anything to get into Canada, and at any expense, be it financial, physical and emotional. There are many genuine couples who have been denied, while scum like him have received PR. My advice to you dear, gather all the evidence you have against him and his family, threats etc and report his ass to CIC / CBSA.... Condition 51 is in effect for a reason, I only hope those liberals don't remove it, it clearly helps in cases like these. All the best, dear. I hope some good come to you and your child after this tragedy.... :-\ :(

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
If he hasn't got his PR card yet, maybe when you report him to CIC, they can hold on the PR card process while investing your (ex) husband.
Although it won't make a big difference, it's just me personally don't want him have the chance to get the pr card.