+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Main applicant(husband) landed, wife isn't landed, child wasnt declared.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Definitely contact a legal council before you do anything else, but the requirement is clear and has been held up as valid by the courts on many occasions. Not sure, but you may be able to renounce your PR and re-apply, including the child. Best to discuss options with competent legal council (a lawyer, not a consultant).

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Definitely contact a legal council before you do anything else, but the requirement is clear and has been held up as valid by the courts on many occasions. Not sure, but you may be able to renounce your PR and re-apply, including the child. Best to discuss options with competent legal council (a lawyer, not a consultant).
Agreed.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
What you are really going to need to do is explain *why* the child wasn't declared. Yes, it was born after the application was submitted. By why did you choose to not declare it? That will be important.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I think that the only solution is this.

The wife does not land as a dependent, but instead returns the COPR, unused.
The husband instead, now sponsors the wife, (not the child), and the child is then the wife's dependent in her application.
He doesn't directly sponsor the child, because he can't.

This means a completely new application, starting all over from the beginning for her.
The question is if IRCC will follow up on the husband's misrepresentation, or let it slide...

SEE A LAWYER.

Reactions: Buletruck

wingang

Sep 14, 2018
Thank you both.
I dont think can sucsessfully get PR again due to below reasons:

• I went through AINP to IRCC, by post graduation work permit- Which only issued once in life as I know. So I wont be able to do it over again.
  • I can put myself into EE, dont think my points will be enough(I was in the pool for a year. Wife has no language points nor canada experience points at all, I lost points on age too)
Since you mentioned, is there other channel to re-apply PR?

Thanks and do you have a lawyer to suggest please?

wingang

Sep 14, 2018

The husband instead, now sponsors the wife, (not the child), and the child is then the wife's dependent in her application.

This means a completely new application, starting all over from the beginning for her.
The question is if IRCC will follow up on the husband's misrepresentation, or let it slide...

SEE A LAWYER.
Thank you very much for the new idea, it might be possible. Just concern about the husbands misrepresentation too.
And, is there a decent lawyer to suggest please?

wingang

Sep 14, 2018
What you are really going to need to do is explain *why* the child wasn't declared. Yes, it was born after the application was submitted. By why did you choose to not declare it? That will be important.
Thanks for reply.
I have mentioned, the website says:
Was planing to get PR done ASAP, and sponsor the child.

Again, thank you and please reffer a decent lawyer if you happen know one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

SEE A LAWYER.
This would only work if the child was born after the father became a PR. Child was born before and wasn’t declared. Still can’t be sponsored even as a dependent in the mother’s application.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Thanks for reply.

This forum is hosted by a law firm. Try them.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Thanks for reply.

That part of the website doesn't override the form and guide that says that all family members must be declared or forever barred from family class sponsorship and applicants faced with misrepresentetuom.