+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Main applicant(husband) landed, wife isn't landed, child wasnt declared.

wingang

Sep 14, 2018
Please help with below situation:
  • When main applicant apply through IRCC, it was saying on the website: "If you add a dependant to an existing application, it could take longer to process your application. If you don’t want a processing delay for your application, these are other ways your dependant could come to Canada:
  • Husband(Main applicant) lives in Canada for almost five year for PR. When Visa came back he crossed the border right away without read the instruction throughly regarding child, main applicant is a PR now.
  • Wife was always living in home country, the landing date is before Mar.24th 2019, she was planing land with child.
  • Husband try to apply PR for child and found out it should be done before PR process completed.
  • NOW: Husband landing completed, wife has around 6 months to land, child was born after the application submitted, but the child wasn't declared.
Question:
Is this still possible to declare before wife landing? or it was too late?

Please advise. Much apprieciated.

Last edited:

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Are you saying the child was never declared on any of the PR applications? If the child was never declared, the child is prohibited from consideration under family sponsorship. There's a reason why the form asks you to declare any children, whether or not they are accompanying the main applicants.

Reactions: YVR123

wingang

Sep 14, 2018
The child was not born when the IRCC application submitted.what's why wasnt in the application at the begining.
And yes, the child shoulbe be added after born.
Now the mum is not landing yet, was there any case like this? Is it still possible?
Thanks a lot.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
The child was not born until after the mom's application was submitted? If so, you must add the child to the application even if it will delay the process. You must notify CIC about the birth of the child.

Failure to do so will mean the child may never be sponsored.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Above, you wrote:

Please help with below situation
  • Husband try to apply PR for child and found out it should be done before PR process completed.
This also applies to the wife's PR process. If you've failed to declare the child throughout both of these PR processes, it's far too late.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Well, when you say she hasn't landed, I'm assuming that PR has been granted already?

Then yes, it's far too late. You can never sponsor the child.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Since you are the principal applicant, the child should have been declared before you landed. The child will be barred from a family class application. Unfortunately your prospects for getting the child a PR are slim to none.
Although, something doesn’t make sense.....If you’re wifes immigration visa expires in 6 months, and you have been here 5 years, when did you apply to sponsor your wife? How old is the child? Did you sponsor your wife after you landed? when did you land?

wingang

Sep 14, 2018
Since you are the principal applicant, the child should have been declared before you landed. The child will be barred from a family class application. Unfortunately your prospects for getting the child a PR are slim to none.
Although, something doesn’t make sense.....If you’re wifes immigration visa expires in 6 months, and you have been here 5 years, when did you apply to sponsor your wife? How old is the child? Did you sponsor your wife after you landed? when did you land?
Everything was fine before the mistake.
I was student for 2 years(2014-2015)
I was holding work permits for the rest 3 years(2016/2017/2018)
I applied AINP in 2016( wife's name was in the application, we didnt have child at the time)
I applied IRCC in middle of 2017( wife's name was in the application, we didnt have child at the time)
Child was born end of 2017, after IRCC application submitted.
PR granded in Aug. 2018. Husband landed right away.
Wife hasnt land.

I am out of idea, thinking of cunfessing my mistake, see if they would consider excuse it and give another chance--THERE IS NO WAY A FATHER WOULD PURPOSELY HIDE OWN CHILD. and there is no meaning anymore for me(and wife in the future) stay in Canada without child together.

Again, thank you all for your time and effert.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
The only problem is that you should have declared the child during the PR application, at the end of 2017. The immigration guide is clear on this. And if you didn't declare the child because you were afraid that it would delay your application, and were hoping for a way to declare the child later, you made an unfortunate mistake. Other times people do this to avoid financial ability calculations.

Your wife may be able to contact CIC and ask to add the child at this point, but they will be very concerned about the fact that the change in family status was not reported during the PR application for your wife. If you did this to expedite her processing, her status was misrepresented.

wingang

Sep 14, 2018
The only problem is that you should have declared the child during the PR application, at the end of 2017. The immigration guide is clear on this. And if you didn't declare the child because you were afraid that it would delay your application, and were hoping for a way to declare the child later, you made an unfortunate mistake. Other times people do this to avoid financial ability calculations.

Your wife may be able to contact CIC and ask to add the child at this point, but they will be very concerned about the fact that the change in family status was not reported during the PR application for your wife. If you did this to expedite her processing, her status was misrepresented.
There was no process only for wife, all applications were applied for both. is there any chance at all

Last edited:

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
I would strongly advise you to not complicate things by making up stories or lies to explain why the child was not declared.

wingang

Sep 14, 2018
I would strongly advise you to not complicate things by making up stories or lies to explain why the child was not declared.
Thanks, You are completely right about it.
Actually, it seems there is no way out, sadly I have started to make plan of fully move out of this country. Maybe file a final explaination letter before taking off.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
You can contact a lawyer (this forum is run by a law firm) and ask for advice. They may be the only people who can assist. You may want to see how much fees they would charge for advancing your case and ask them their honest opinion about the chances of success.