+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! MAILED PGP XPRESSPOST AND THEY FAILED TO DELIVER ONTIME

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017
Hello, this PGP mailing has been a nightmare... I’ve been trying to mail this package off since Wednesday. I went to purolator ready to mail it and they saw the PO Box to Ottawa and said they don’t mail to PO Boxes. I then contacted UPS and was told the same thing. So Wednesday night on my way home from the defeated process I called Fed Ex and they said they do. Yesterday I go the depot the guy tells me nope that don’t and he’s not familiar with that address and it’s not coming up in their system. It’s October 4th 4:15pm and this has to arrive by today October 5th. So I call Canada post and they say YES they do mail to the address and it can arrive by Ovotover 5th, I ask them over and over and over again and they assure me it will happen I just need to get to a location before 5pm, so I rush to the closet 7mins away and get there in time to meet the driver and I see him add to his boxes. I once again ask the post office agent if it will arrive on time and they say yes.

So this morning I check the tracking and it says expected delivery date OCTOBER 9th!!!!!! I FREEEEAK out and want to just cry! I call customer service and have a arrived ticket and have it flagged to the highest degree and she says give it a few hours and check back but all should be fine. I call back around 2pm seeing no update and the new agent freaks me out more asking why wasn’t a supervisor contacted and she doesn’t think it’ll arrive today, second FREAK out commences. Finally the supervisor comes on the line and repeats that it will not arrive today and doesn’t know why not as it should have. I start crying thinking about all the work that has gone into this and the disappointment my family will feel. She says she can give me a letter explaining the situation and say it was expected to be delivered today but for no fault of my own it will not.

So my question is, what can I do now?! Should I send a new package with this letter? Will they even accept it? What should I do?!?!?!?!?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, this PGP mailing has been a nightmare... I’ve been trying to mail this package off since Wednesday. I went to purolator ready to mail it and they saw the PO Box to Ottawa and said they don’t mail to PO Boxes. I then contacted UPS and was told the same thing. So Wednesday night on my way home from the defeated process I called Fed Ex and they said they do. Yesterday I go the depot the guy tells me nope that don’t and he’s not familiar with that address and it’s not coming up in their system. It’s October 4th 4:15pm and this has to arrive by today October 5th. So I call Canada post and they say YES they do mail to the address and it can arrive by Ovotover 5th, I ask them over and over and over again and they assure me it will happen I just need to get to a location before 5pm, so I rush to the closet 7mins away and get there in time to meet the driver and I see him add to his boxes. I once again ask the post office agent if it will arrive on time and they say yes.

So this morning I check the tracking and it says expected delivery date OCTOBER 9th!!!!!! I FREEEEAK out and want to just cry! I call customer service and have a arrived ticket and have it flagged to the highest degree and she says give it a few hours and check back but all should be fine. I call back around 2pm seeing no update and the new agent freaks me out more asking why wasn’t a supervisor contacted and she doesn’t think it’ll arrive today, second FREAK out commences. Finally the supervisor comes on the line and repeats that it will not arrive today and doesn’t know why not as it should have. I start crying thinking about all the work that has gone into this and the disappointment my family will feel. She says she can give me a letter explaining the situation and say it was expected to be delivered today but for no fault of my own it will not.

So my question is, what can I do now?! Should I send a new package with this letter? Will they even accept it? What should I do?!?!?!?!?
Maybe there's a chance the package arrived today. The tracking information isn't always accurate for courier packages.

If it didn't arrive today, then I'm not sure there's anything you can do. Unfortunately I don't think IRCC will care if there was a delay on the courier end - they will hold you responsible for ensuring the package arrived before the deadline and that it was sent with enough of a buffer to cover for delays. Having said that, perhaps there have been cases with the parent sponsorship stream where exceptions have been made. I can't comment on that - hopefully others can. Good luck.

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017
Maybe there's a chance the package arrived today. The tracking information isn't always accurate for courier packages.

If it didn't arrive today, then I'm not sure there's anything you can do. Unfortunately I don't think IRCC will care if there was a delay on the courier end - they will hold you responsible for ensuring the package arrived before the deadline and that it was sent with enough of a buffer to cover for delays. Having said that, perhaps there have been cases with the parent sponsorship stream where exceptions have been made. I can't comment on that - hopefully others can. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply... there is this on the CIC site that says
“ If your courier service confirms they made a mistake and, because of this, you could not submit your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents on time, you can:

• get a letter from the courier service acknowledging their mistake
  • include that letter with your application and submit it again”
I am wondering if anyone has had this experience as well and what the outcome was. I tried calling the call centre today as well but was not able to get through.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1418&top=14

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply... there is this on the CIC site that says
“ If your courier service confirms they made a mistake and, because of this, you could not submit your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents on time, you can:

• get a letter from the courier service acknowledging their mistake
  • include that letter with your application and submit it again”
I am wondering if anyone has had this experience as well and what the outcome was. I tried calling the call centre today as well but was not able to get through.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1418&top=14
Well that's great news in that case. Sounds like you just need to follow these directions and you'll be good.