+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Losing job - Does it affect my PNP (no job offer) application?

prapplication

Jan 13, 2015
Hi forum! I am under a lot of stress now.

I have applied for PNP (PhD stream with no job offer) as an inland applicant in Ontario.

My timeline:

Nomination: Aug 24, 2015
AOR from CIC: Dec 4, 2015
Med's request: Waiting

I got a job in September 2015, but I am losing it in the next month. Will this affect the decision by CIC?

Thanks a lot for your help!

M.

prapplication

Jan 13, 2015
all_iz_well, thanks for your reply. I have to say this helps to relieve my concern a little.

I think I should be more specific about my situation:

In Dec 2014, when I submitted my application for Ontario Provincial Nominee, I was in a term contract, not a permanent job. This was probably why I was granted the certificate under the applicant stream with no job offer, instead of being put into the express entry.

I got tmy PNP certificate in July 2015, and at that time my job changed to a permanent one. So when I submitted to CIC, I input my employment information as is. BTW, CIC sent me the AOR email in Dec 2015. Now I am waiting for my med request. But I am going to lose my job in a couple of months, around Aug 2016.

In this case, should I inform CIC about the change of my job status? If I choose not to report my status change, will this do any harm to my application?

I have been following the threads in this forum and find it a great platform to share. I feel for all the happiness and nervousness with all my fellows here. I deeply appreciate your help!

M.