Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
You are welcome! I think you should be able to renew your passport in advance, maybe 6 months before. You will have to clarify the processing times as well as when you can submit your application to the consulate. As for now you can change your employer and then when you have a new passport you will need do extend your work permit for the same employer.

Renjdangol

Mar 15, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm so desperate to know the answers to my questions. Have visited Canada's consulate website but still confuse! Wondering if anyone out there who could help me. Sincerely appreciated! My questions are 1) is it possible for me up apply for a work permit in Canada while here as a tourist visa?2)same employer I have worked for 6 years in Hk brought me here as a tourist can he sign up for me as my employer here in Canada? Sponsor?3) do I have to go back Hk while waiting for the processing of my work permit?4)I only have 32units in university in the Philippines is it possible for me to enter live-in caregiver program?if the same employer brought me here in Canada? The cic link doesn't seem to answer all my questions. Many thanks ::)

Jm.21

Mar 12, 2013
Re: Help !! Live in caregiver pls

Hi please help me :( i apply as a live in caregiver me and my employer was approved very fast but the problem is my time my application expired last november and i dont know what to do next because my employer lost his two job she only got one left because she will be retiring soon but she really needs me to be there we dont know if she will be approved again . Thanks

dandypansy

Oct 15, 2014
Hi Im here in brampton ontario now for just about a month im an rn in the phils but with no hospital experiencw whatsoever and I graduated year 2011. My question is I want to pursue my nursing career here but I know its not easy. I want to try rpn first but I think they will tell me to study again. So can I study or acquire a study permit while on the lcp program? And does anyone have any idea what colleges offer part time prn study or online studies? Thank u and godbless us all

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
dandypansy said:
Hi Im here in brampton ontario now for just about a month im an rn in the phils but with no hospital experiencw whatsoever and I graduated year 2011. My question is I want to pursue my nursing career here but I know its not easy. I want to try rpn first but I think they will tell me to study again. So can I study or acquire a study permit while on the lcp program? And does anyone have any idea what colleges offer part time prn study or online studies? Thank u and godbless us all
You can surely apply for a study permit but you cannot hold both work permit and study permit at the same time. Also if you study you will be classified as an international student which pays higher than a permanent resident or a canadian citizen.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
mylady833 said:
You can surely apply for a study permit but you cannot hold both work permit and study permit at the same time. Also if you study you will be classified as an international student which pays higher than a permanent resident or a canadian citizen.
I am sorry, but your answer is wrong. Yes, she can study while on LCP, she should read on CIC website how to apply for a Study Permit. Even part-time studies require a Study Permit if the program is longer than 6 months. She will be eligible to pay Canadian fees as long as her Work Permit for an Ontario employer is valid. About part-time programs, she needs to do a research and see which college offers part-time rn programs.