+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Landing through US borders.

OET

Feb 12, 2018
Finally! After waiting for one long month ,we received the passports with the Canadian visa stamped in them issued from ACCRA, GHANA. We are planning to do the landing this month. I have a daughter that is studying in Montreal . And right now, she can't return back to our home country because she is entitled to end-of-term courses. My question is : is it possible that she can do the landing after us from inside Canada through the US border even though if she obtained her visa from outside Canada? Will she need a US visa? If yes, how long will take to be issued and whats the procedure? I will be really thankful if anyone would share his experiences with me.

Thanks.

Cbhav1

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I don't think you need a US visa. She can cross the border on foot or driving and will be returned back from US side giving some slip of rejection(just a formality and does not have any impact while entering US later on). Then while crossing the Canada side again CBP will do all the formalities. So she does not physically cross the US border so no visa required. Its referred to as FlagPoling on this forum. Look it up for details. I haven't done it personally so don't take my word but I am just aware that this is the process. If its through Express Entry then also look into if this can be done via Quebec-US borders as it gets tricky when doing things on Quebec borders as they have different provincial requirements and may cause trouble on Express Entry applicants. Please do further research on the things I mentioned but I am hoping it helps you in some way. Good Luck!

OET

Feb 12, 2018
Dear
Cbhav1,
Thank you so much for your kind reply and your advises. I am really grateful and I will definitely look into it.
Thank you.