+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help landed doctor

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Can people let us think about some way forward and alternative instead of lamenting on the canadian issues for doctors. Since we all dont want to quit our ambition to get out to a better environment and there is difficulty for doctors in canada, can we see our we can get to do residency i the US aafter landing in canada.

Someone has suggested this. Can we exploit this alternative. Canada is not far from the US, we shuttle between the two. Is it easy for a canadian PR to enter US for holiday, exams etc. If its easy then we have no problem again. we can easily go in and out of US write USMLE and get residency slot. After the program we can easily go back to canada for those who still want canada. But I dont know how easy for PR to enter US.

another issue is that , can one US licence or residency tranning to work in the US.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are from a visa exempted country of USA, then you can travel to & fro USA - Canada after getting your PR Card. Otherwise you have to get a US visit visa (B2) which may not be so easy as you think, and perhaps not at all possible for an year from landing in Canada. If you have sufficient proof to establish the US consulate in Canada that you will return to Canada within the time allowed, then there are possibilities for getting a visa. Still you have to try your luck!!. Can't predict anything positive about this issue.

Neostigmine

May 5, 2010
DC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-03-2009
Doc's Request.
1-12-2009
IELTS Request
given
Med's Request
1-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-18-2010
LANDED..........
08-01-2010
as much as i know u can easily get a multiple entry visa for to and fro between USA Canada.....this is far easier than to get a h1/h2,b1/2 from anywhere in Asia ....so cheer up

loggan

Apr 18, 2010
help landed doctor- DOCTORS PLIZ READ

interesting article.
I have not yet landed
AM contemplting this possibilty. iS ANY ONE AWARE IF ITS POSSIBLE TO GET PR, DO USMLE , DO RESIDENCE IN USA AND THEN COME TO PRACTISE IN CANADA ? that should be a viable option given the circumstances that USA gives more openings to docS than CANADA. can some one advise the possible pitfalls and advantages with this?

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
Can people let us think about some way forward and alternative instead of lamenting on the canadian issues for doctors. Since we all dont want to quit our ambition to get out to a better environment and there is difficulty for doctors in canada, can we see our we can get to do residency i the US aafter landing in canada.

Someone has suggested this. Can we exploit this alternative. Canada is not far from the US, we shuttle between the two. Is it easy for a canadian PR to enter US for holiday, exams etc. If its easy then we have no problem again. we can easily go in and out of US write USMLE and get residency slot. After the program we can easily go back to canada for those who still want canada. But I dont know how easy for PR to enter US.

another issue is that , can one US licence or residency tranning to work in the US.

I dont really know how hard it is for foreign doctors to get a license in canada, but I think both US and canada system are the same.. you have to go thru the process of taking the exams and waiting for residency training placement. You must have alot of money to do all of that too. So, why not just go with the system in Canada and hope for the best. Besides, while in canada you can look for other jobs while waiting. I have classmates in med school who are there already and doing good in their practice.

loggan

Apr 18, 2010
yeah USA takes upto 7000 IMGs , i think we shud think about it rather than spend 10 years as cub drivers!