+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! just got an email from Manila Immigration office last night.

thewolverine

Mar 28, 2015
So my wife (who is a Japanese national, still in Japan) and I received an email from the manila office last night.

(I want to post a screenshot of the email but how can i post links? forum wont let me)

I have some questions.

1. I dont understand when it says,

"YOur visa and/or confirmation of permanent residence to canada (COPR) will be valid until your initial entry to canada until 7/12/2016"

and "1. You must be able to schedule your permanent resident landing in canada before July 12, 2016"

--- My question is this - July 12th 2016 is in about 3 weeks. Does this mean my wife must come to Canada before the 12th of July?

We haven't received any physical documents or anything... Also this is really short notice - both of us have yet to make arrangements or accrue funds for things like the airline ticket.

2. A question on Appendix B - in another email that came earlier - the Manila office asked us to complete Appendix B and email it to them.

When we opened Appendix B, it says that Appendix B must be must be completed and sent back with passport(s) via VAC.

Is my wife supposed to email back a copy and ALSO send a copy to VAC + her passport?

It might just be me overreacting... I'm just very concerned... I'm happy that there's some progress on our file, but shocked that we have such little time to prepare for everything.

Thank you for your words, anyone who can advise on what's happening here.