+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Inland Sponsorship from Visitor Visa

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
Hello everyone

i just need a help on where to get started on sponsoring my spouse

my wife came to Canada yesterday as an Visitor Visa(Valid For 6months) but now we decided to just make her stay with us and process a sponsorship
and i dont want to pay lawyer because they want us to pay almost 3k just for that and were planning to do an (Inland Sponsorship)

thank you for those who are gonna help me

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The list of forms you need to apply inland are here on the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Rafaelchan002 said:
Hello everyone

i just need a help on where to get started on sponsoring my spouse

my wife came to Canada yesterday as an Visitor Visa(Valid For 6months) but now we decided to just make her stay with us and process a sponsorship
and i dont want to pay lawyer because they want us to pay almost 3k just for that and were planning to do an (Inland Sponsorship)

thank you for those who are gonna help me
Where is your wife from? Consider doing Outland. You don't get a work visa but they're typically processed faster. We did Inland and regret it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
km9203 said:
Where is your wife from? Consider doing Outland. You don't get a work visa but they're typically processed faster. We did Inland and regret it.
We also did inland. The OWP has worked well in our case so far. Granted a visitor extension is a possibility, but she needed the mental stimulation of work.

The application processing may be a little faster for outland, but there is benefits to inland too (eg: residing togethet may strengthen the appearance that the relationship is genuine). There is the drawback that inland means you forfiet your right to appeal (which you can still reapply).

In our case, we don't regret inland. It will come down to personal preference and tolerance...

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
profiler said:
We also did inland. The OWP has worked well in our case so far. Granted a visitor extension is a possibility, but she needed the mental stimulation of work.

The application processing may be a little faster for outland, but there is benefits to inland too (eg: residing togethet may strengthen the appearance that the relationship is genuine). There is the drawback that inland means you forfiet your right to appeal (which you can still reapply).

In our case, we don't regret inland. It will come down to personal preference and tolerance...
1) She could have volunteered someplace, or worked online for someone in her home country.

2) You can reside together and still apply Outland. No problems. IF it takes more than 6 months, it's pretty easy to get an extension.

You're right, it's personal preference. I just don't see the benefit in waiting 4 months for an OWP and 2 years for PR, when I could probably have PR in 3-6 months. Yea, I'm not working, but I can't until I can get my credentials evaluated (Alberta IQAS), and apply to Alberta College of Paramedics for equivalency (I'm a NREMT-B in the US). It's a much bigger hassle applying for evaluation/equivalency without PR or a OWP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Omegabyte said:
1) She could have volunteered someplace, or worked online for someone in her home country.

2) You can reside together and still apply Outland. No problems. IF it takes more than 6 months, it's pretty easy to get an extension.

You're right, it's personal preference. I just don't see the benefit in waiting 4 months for an OWP and 2 years for PR, when I could probably have PR in 3-6 months. Yea, I'm not working, but I can't until I can get my credentials evaluated (Alberta IQAS), and apply to Alberta College of Paramedics for equivalency (I'm a NREMT-B in the US). It's a much bigger hassle applying for evaluation/equivalency without PR or a OWP.
Americans applying are almost always better to apply outland anyway. My wife is from Eastern Europe (where some of the VO's are notoriously slow at case processing). So, we would be looking at, at least 12-16mos anyway. We applied before June 13 2016, so we are (I believe) under consideration for the fast track that was announced June 13.

This is why I said it's worked well for us so far :)

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
I hope so. I can understand the frustration of the wait. Just waiting for confirmation of AOR1 is driving me nuts. I'm alone a good share of the day (wife is a college student), so I'm feeling rather useless.

Seeing a bunch of early Outland August '16 submissions get SA yesterday, so we're hopeful we'll see our AOR1 by the 16th, and SA around the 23rd. I'm linked to MyCIC now, and there's an application number showing. But nothing on ECAS yet for my wife/sponsor.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Omegabyte said:
I hope so. I can understand the frustration of the wait. Just waiting for confirmation of AOR1 is driving me nuts. I'm alone a good share of the day (wife is a college student), so I'm feeling rather useless.

Seeing a bunch of early Outland August '16 submissions get SA yesterday, so we're hopeful we'll see our AOR1 by the 16th, and SA around the 23rd. I'm linked to MyCIC now, and there's an application number showing. But nothing on ECAS yet for my wife/sponsor.
That is incredibly frustrating. Then you start to think, "Did I miss something on my application? Theirs was already approved.."

There are some '16 inlands that have been granted PR visas already too. They all seem to be 'western' countries where information sharing is much easier (US, UK, Germany, Australia)... But I cannot help the same feeling

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
km9203 said:
My wife is from philippines.. but she lived in US for 10years (came to US before she turned 18) . her status on US before as at first is she was a dependant child and she got over aged at 21. now shes 26 and has been F-1(Student Visa) in new york. for almost 5 years. since he left US now there is a big chance that she wont get to return anymore to US at around maybe after 3 months or so since shes just a student visa. thats why if we consider outland im not sure if it will work for us. because if we somehow get an interview we might go to that country. or she might need to get out of the country for some reason

also if i consider outland . will my wife still need to go out of canada first? or can she just stay here in canada and just pass application for an outland?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Rafaelchan002 said:
My wife is from philippines.. but she lived in US for 10years (came to US before she turned 18) . her status on US before as at first is she was a dependant child and she got over aged at 21. now shes 26 and has been F-1(Student Visa) in new york. for almost 5 years. since he left US now there is a big chance that she wont get to return anymore to US at around maybe after 3 months or so since shes just a student visa. thats why if we consider outland im not sure if it will work for us. because if we somehow get an interview we might go to that country. or she might need to get out of the country for some reason

also if i consider outland . will my wife still need to go out of canada first? or can she just stay here in canada and just pass application for an outland?
For the Philippines, you need this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

She can apply for either while in Canada. Just make sure she maintains her passport and her status (renew or extend as required).

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
profiler said:
For the Philippines, you need this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

She can apply for either while in Canada. Just make sure she maintains her passport and her status (renew or extend as required).
oh so were just gonna pass our papers in philippines instead? do we still need to get like a police certificate in philippines? even tho she left philippines at 16?. and never came back ever since.. her passport is okay it expires next 10years and her status as a visitor, as what the immigration border said its valid from sept 6 until 6months. but he didnt put anything like (valid until) or something like that.. he just put the date on when she arrived

as for the police certificate on USA.. we have that too and we just got it last aug because we thought we need to include it on the TRV(visitor Visa)

were not really in a rush on getting PR(but if possible why not?), its just our priority right now.. is just to be together whatever her status here(legal Status resident).. because we are not planning to go out of the country for probably like 5 or 10years or so and we want to live here now until we get old. since my parents and my other relatives are already living here in canada and her relatives like her parents can always visit us here in canada since they are Green Card holders already on US.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Rafaelchan002 said:
oh so were just gonna pass our papers in philippines instead? do we still need to get like a police certificate in philippines? even tho she left philippines at 16?. and never came back ever since.. her passport is okay it expires next 10years and her status as a visitor, as what the immigration border said its valid from sept 6 until 6months. but he didnt put anything like (valid until) or something like that.. he just put the date on when she arrived

as for the police certificate on USA.. we have that too and we just got it last aug because we thought we need to include it on the TRV(visitor Visa)

were not really in a rush on getting PR(but if possible why not?), its just our priority right now.. is just to be together whatever her status here(legal Status resident).. because we are not planning to go out of the country for probably like 5 or 10years or so and we want to live here now until we get old. since my parents and my other relatives are already living here in canada and her relatives like her parents can always visit us here in canada since they are Green Card holders already on US.
Is your wife still a citizen of the Philippines? If not, where is her citizenship from? That's the package you will need to satisfy.

As for Police Certificates, they will ask for them from any country she has lived in for more than 6 months. I think they want them for the last 10 years, if memory serves..

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
profiler said:
Is your wife still a citizen of the Philippines? If not, where is her citizenship from? That's the package you will need to satisfy.

As for Police Certificates, they will ask for them from any country she has lived in for more than 6 months. I think they want them for the last 10 years, if memory serves..
BTW i sent a message to you

and yes shes a citizen of the philippines.. and does she still needs to leave the country if we applied on this outland? i also heard that the requirements for outland is harder than the inland. thats why were just thinking for doing inland instead together with what they call OWP

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Im from Philippines too, My inland application received last may 16, 2016 with OWP, two weeks before my visitors visa expired. i do both, extend my visitors visa after my inland application received by CIC. It's gonna take some time for inland application.

Secure Police Clearance certificate now, asap. especially the FBI, It's takes 2 to 3 months before you can get that.
Also the NBI from the Philippines.

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
pedropil said:
Im from Philippines too, My inland application received last may 16, 2016 with OWP, two weeks before my visitors visa expired. i do both, extend my visitors visa after my inland application received by CIC. It's gonna take some time for inland application.
how long was your initial expiry on your first visitor visa? because the they stamped my wifes visa with only the date whe she arrived (sept 6 2016) but then we tried to ask another visa offer(not the one who issued,interviewed,dated the visa) a different officer if what this means.. he said its valid until 6months from the stamped date(sept 6)

can you send me a Message (PM) on how this Inland Works..

we have the FBI from USA.. do we still need to get NBI in the philippines even tho she hasn't been in philippines in 10years? like shes 16 when she arrived USA