+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Inland interview !!!!

cherryyyyy

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am freaking out.

Received an interview e-mail from an officer in Vancouver. We just have SA now, no AIP or DM. In the email, he asked us to bring last 2 CRA NOA, rental or home owner proof, utilities bills/joint account for last 12 months, family photo album.

We sent rental, utilities, joint account along with over 150 photos with our application. We also have two wedding ceremony and celebration in Vancouver !! Over 50 people attended !!! All the photo proofs have been sent!

Why we still need an interview !!! Our relationship is truly genuine for 100000%!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone applied inland got these kind of requests?? Please let me know !!!! I am so scared now !!!!!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, this does sound like an interview to assess the relationship, BUT...as long as you have solid proof, there's nothing you can do but to attend the interview with complete confidence!

Good luck!

cherryyyyy

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really don't understand why!!!!

I think our proof sent with the application are very strong. The only thing not that strong is our parents didn't attend our wedding and registration ceremony in Vancouver. This is a long story. But we will have another one in Bali and one in China this year.
We didn't meet online, we didn't just use emails to communicate. We stay together all the time!!! The reason why we didn't go through faster Outland application is still that we want to stay together!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell...............

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherryyyyy said:
Really don't understand why!!!!

I think our proof sent with the application are very strong. The only thing not that strong is our parents didn't attend our wedding and registration ceremony in Vancouver. This is a long story. But we will have another one in Bali and one in China this year.
We didn't meet online, we didn't just use emails to communicate. We stay together all the time!!! The reason why we didn't go through faster Outland application is still that we want to stay together!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell...............
No clue!

Two things:

1. There is NOTHING wrong with meeting online and CIC is very much aware that it's becoming more common. ;)

2. You could have submitted an Outland application, even though you are in Canada. The downside is that if an interview is scheduled (like now) you would have had to go to your home country for the interview. At least you now only have to go to the local office.

Hopefully, it's just a mistake on their part, which seems to happen occasionally.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
No clue!

Two things:

1. There is NOTHING wrong with meeting online and CIC is very much aware that it's becoming more common. ;)

2. You could have submitted an Outland application, even though you are in Canada. The downside is that if an interview is scheduled (like now) you would have had to go to your home country for the interview. At least you now only have to go to the local office.

Hopefully, it's just a mistake on their part, which seems to happen occasionally.
With the sped up inland processing, there has been an increase in reports of QA interviews. Where you show up and the officer tells you that's why you're there...

Also, my wife and I met online. We didn't submit any proof of communication at all. We had a civic ceremony and neither parent from either side attended. We passed the eligibility and stage and are just waiting for a medical to complete case processing. This means we have AIP.

For what it's worth, we submitted strong photographic evidence, and letters from my family expressing what my wife means to me and them.

I do suspect it's a spot check interview.

cherryyyyy

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
With the sped up inland processing, there has been an increase in reports of QA interviews. Where you show up and the officer tells you that's why you're there...

Also, my wife and I met online. We didn't submit any proof of communication at all. We had a civic ceremony and neither parent from either side attended. We passed the eligibility and stage and are just waiting for a medical to complete case processing. This means we have AIP.

For what it's worth, we submitted strong photographic evidence, and letters from my family expressing what my wife means to me and them.

I do suspect it's a spot check interview.

Thanks for your reply! Sorry I didn't mean to be rude about meeting online! I just meant our relationship is absolutely genuine and easy to understand

What is QA interview and spot check interveiw?

Thank you again!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cherryyyyy said:
Thanks for your reply! Sorry I didn't mean to be rude about meeting online! I just meant our relationship is absolutely genuine and easy to understand

What is QA interview and spot check interveiw?

Thank you again!
No problems. No apology needed. We are totally legit too and I understand the frustration.

QA and spot check are essentially the same. They randomly pick cases to make sure they are not allowing fake relationships to get a PR. So people inland have been reporting interviews, where they go in expecting to have to defend the relation, but are told at the door it's a spot check. They shoot the sh!t for a bit, then they are allowed to leave.

So, as mentioned, go in prepared with what they want, and be prepared for a relationship interview. You may find, it's really not... don't stress :)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
cherryyyyy said:
I am freaking out.

Received an interview e-mail from an officer in Vancouver. We just have SA now, no AIP or DM. In the email, he asked us to bring last 2 CRA NOA, rental or home owner proof, utilities bills/joint account for last 12 months, family photo album.

We sent rental, utilities, joint account along with over 150 photos with our application. We also have two wedding ceremony and celebration in Vancouver !! Over 50 people attended !!! All the photo proofs have been sent!

Why we still need an interview !!! Our relationship is truly genuine for 100000%!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone applied inland got these kind of requests?? Please let me know !!!! I am so scared now !!!!!!

Maybe the officer randomly picked your application maybe they felt your marriage is not real and there may be some red flags

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
cherryyyyy said:
I am freaking out.

like we started Dec 15 2015 for inland spousal sponsorship, March 6 2017 they requested from my husband whose pa proof of realtionship to continue on his permanent residence application so our rep sent it i think we were randomly picked and on March 10 2017 I got my sponsorship approval , he passed background check,passed criminal and expired medical we are waiting for request for medical and my husband is lucky that they wanted us to send proof

cherryyyyy

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

It is such a BIG BIG surprise, my husband landed on the interview day on Friday April 21st !!!!!!!!!

We were requested for an interview (not a landing interview for sure...from its wording) and asked to bring a lot of stuffs.
I was freaking out.

But when we arrived, the officer told me that we were just randomly picked for quality assurance!!!!! And he has absolutely NO concerns about our relationship so he WONT transfer our case out for higher efficiency. He will grant my husband PR on the SAME DAY!!!

He still sepnt two hours talking to each of us because again we brought so many stuffs to support. He concluded that we are not only a genuie relationship, but also a HAPPY relationship! So he let us have lunch first, then come back to office at 1:30pm for LANDING!!!!!

So, he landed on the same day! What a surprise for us!!!!
We submitted the app on 1.22.2016, and everything ends in a perfect way on 4.21.2017. Total 15 months.

Good luck to everyone else in this forum. Dont need to worry if the relationship is 100% genuie !!!

Reactions: Calm2019

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
cherryyyyy said:
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

It is such a BIG BIG surprise, my husband landed on the interview day on Friday April 21st !!!!!!!!!

We were requested for an interview (not a landing interview for sure...from its wording) and asked to bring a lot of stuffs.
I was freaking out.

But when we arrived, the officer told me that we were just randomly picked for quality assurance!!!!! And he has absolutely NO concerns about our relationship so he WONT transfer our case out for higher efficiency. He will grant my husband PR on the SAME DAY!!!

He still sepnt two hours talking to each of us because again we brought so many stuffs to support. He concluded that we are not only a genuie relationship, but also a HAPPY relationship! So he let us have lunch first, then come back to office at 1:30pm for LANDING!!!!!

So, he landed on the same day! What a surprise for us!!!!
We submitted the app on 1.22.2016, and everything ends in a perfect way on 4.21.2017. Total 15 months.

Good luck to everyone else in this forum. Dont need to worry if the relationship is 100% genuie !!!

congratulations

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
Hi Cherry,

Can you post a copy of the interview Request letter so we could see the list of things they requested you bring.

Thank you