+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help information needed

shamart

May 26, 2012
am a Nigerian legally residing in Spain my fiance comes from Canada,cos of the the long process involved in getting married here in Spain,and also the long process involved in processing from Nigeria/Ghana, we are thinking of going to Nigeria get married and bring the documents here to Spain since am legally resident to process it, please is that possible need some clarifications.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
As long as you have legal status in and resided in the country from which you apply for at least one year you should be okay to marry in another country and apply from the country of legal residence.

shamart

May 26, 2012
on the other hand can she invite just as some she knows. as a friend to her family without stating that we have no ties. do i stand a chance of getting a visa with that.am waiting for the arrival of my six months multiple visa frm the UK embassy will that be also an add advantage for me to get the canadian visa.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
The biggest question you have to answer as far as the VO is concerned....will this applicant leave Canada before the end of the visa and return to his country of residence? What ties do you have to the country from which you applied. Once you have used the multi entry visa to UK and returned to Spain or Nigeria you will get "some" benefit as far as travel history is concerned. The VO looks on travel history from different perspectives - 1) that you have the finances with which to travel, and 2) that you have left that country and returned home.
Good Luck.

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BRILLIANT REPLY @PIPPIN and NBAKER

@sharmart.

i would highly suggest that if you you must go to Canada, then she should not be the one to invite you. maybe her brother or a male friend should do. since you are single, and a woman is inviting you, there are probabilities that you would apply inland in the VO eyes. and make sure you include evidences of ties in Spain, such as school enrolment, properties, pay slip and other things. omo naija ni emi na

Goodluck