+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in selecting right NOC code

ajaxsurya

May 24, 2017
Hello to all members,

I am new to this forum to pardon me if I make any mistakes. I am starting this thread as I am planning to apply under the express entry scheme and would like some help in selecting the appropriate NOC.

Below are my details:

Education:
4 year diploma in plastics engineering, autonomous polytechnic, Mumbai India (not applied for ECA)
BEng Honours Polymer Engineering, Napier University, Edinburgh UK. (have applied for ECA)

Work: Jan 2015 - present at a test laboratory based in UK as Polymer Technologist.

I have mentioned a list of duties which I perform. I tried to search for the NOC code using NOC 2011 database but I am confused between 2134 Chemical Engg and 2142 metallurgist and materials engg and 2115 other professionals.

If you have a look at my duties I mostly deal with testing and R&D of plastics and composites. So I was thinking I am most suitable for 2142 metallurgist and materials engg or 2115 other professionals.

However my doubts are that 2142 metallurgist is more focused on metals and I don't deal with metals. 2115 other professionals do mention about research in materials but it says physical sciences which I don't fall into,

If I am correct then chemical engineers 2134 mostly deal with plant and equipment installation, process control, plant designs etc. none of which I have an experience of or have studied.

I would appreciate if you could kindly have a look and suggest me a suitable NOC.

My duties:

· Manage R&D project to develop polymer blends and composite materials. Manage project budgets, conduct production trials and generate technical reports.

· Conduct research on properties and processing methods of polymers, ceramics and composites.

· Develop formulations, design test methods and specify production techniques for polymers and composite materials.

· Identify problem areas and provide testing and consultancy advice to the entire polymer supply chain. Responsible for customer projects including, designing, planning, costing, chemical, physical and thermal analysis and synthesizing polymer ceramic and polymer fibre composites.

· Failure analysis on polymer composite products, recommend design, material or process improvements and operational testing.

· Supervise and train technicians and university interns.

· Perform quality control, inter laboratory and round robin tests.

· Write operating procedures, risk assessments, perform equipment calibration and maintenance.

· Develop training materials, lab demonstrations and public presentations.

I would appreciate if you could kindly have a look and suggest me a suitable NOC.

Thank you

Kind regards

santosh123

Jan 4, 2019
He
Hello to all members,

I am new to this forum to pardon me if I make any mistakes. I am starting this thread as I am planning to apply under the express entry scheme and would like some help in selecting the appropriate NOC.

Below are my details:

Education:
4 year diploma in plastics engineering, autonomous polytechnic, Mumbai India (not applied for ECA)
BEng Honours Polymer Engineering, Napier University, Edinburgh UK. (have applied for ECA)

Work: Jan 2015 - present at a test laboratory based in UK as Polymer Technologist.

I have mentioned a list of duties which I perform. I tried to search for the NOC code using NOC 2011 database but I am confused between 2134 Chemical Engg and 2142 metallurgist and materials engg and 2115 other professionals.

If you have a look at my duties I mostly deal with testing and R&D of plastics and composites. So I was thinking I am most suitable for 2142 metallurgist and materials engg or 2115 other professionals.

However my doubts are that 2142 metallurgist is more focused on metals and I don't deal with metals. 2115 other professionals do mention about research in materials but it says physical sciences which I don't fall into,

If I am correct then chemical engineers 2134 mostly deal with plant and equipment installation, process control, plant designs etc. none of which I have an experience of or have studied.

My duties:

· Manage R&D project to develop polymer blends and composite materials. Manage project budgets, conduct production trials and generate technical reports.

· Conduct research on properties and processing methods of polymers, ceramics and composites.

· Develop formulations, design test methods and specify production techniques for polymers and composite materials.

· Identify problem areas and provide testing and consultancy advice to the entire polymer supply chain. Responsible for customer projects including, designing, planning, costing, chemical, physical and thermal analysis and synthesizing polymer ceramic and polymer fibre composites.

· Failure analysis on polymer composite products, recommend design, material or process improvements and operational testing.

· Supervise and train technicians and university interns.

· Perform quality control, inter laboratory and round robin tests.

· Write operating procedures, risk assessments, perform equipment calibration and maintenance.

· Develop training materials, lab demonstrations and public presentations.

Thank you

Kind regards

Hey
Thanks for posting
Have you reveled which noc code is more suitable? Please support to me also.
I am also plastic and polymer engineer.
I am working in molding department, and I am responsible for taking trials of engineering plastics(injection molding)t make good quality product of plastic.

Please let me know your views.

Santosh

bt0

Aug 27, 2019
Hello
i think its difficult anyone go through a all NOC code and check and matching your duties and etc
My suggestion is please copy some valid terms in NOC page and check with that
for example below you can use :
  1. plastic
  2. Polymer Engineering
This terms you've used not well known for all , i mean not all is familar with that just you and your friends who were studying with you or college's professor or your faculty can help you more and better .....
2134 Chemical Engg and 2142 metallurgist and materials engg and 2115
but my question is , you know your duty how possible can not distinct between 3 NOCs!!!!!