+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in Direct stream study permit

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got admission offer from Humber Jan 2020 intake. Can anyone guide me plz thru the online study permit process for Pakistan. I want to apply thru the direct stream. Anyone with experience please help answer the following :

1. In the IMM 1294 in the costs and tuition section, should I write the amount of full tuition fee or just the ones I paid?
  2. I will be living with my brother in canada so should I write any amount in living cost or leave it??
  3. I was denied tourist visa for uk but went to uae instead should I mention this? Or say no all together
  4. There is no medical checkup or Ielts in the supporting documents section (see image)
  5. In the family form, how should I fill the information for a deceased parent?

friendlyneighbour

Sep 25, 2019
Hi,
About your point 4, The picture you have shared is for General Category and not for Student Direct Stream. For SDS you should answer first year tuition fee paid and have a GIC when creating a new application.
In general category, if you had upfront medical, attach proof of upfront medical and other documents as an image in a pdf along with study plan.

Reactions: iq1993

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
Hi,
About your point 4, The picture you have shared is for General Category and not for Student Direct Stream. For SDS you should answer first year tuition fee paid and have a GIC when creating a new application.
In general category, if you had upfront medical, attach proof of upfront medical and other documents as an image in a pdf along with study plan.
THANK YOU! I went back to the application and edited the questionnaire and have now got the direct student stream. Any suggestion for the other questions?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi everyone,

I got admission offer from Humber Jan 2020 intake. Can anyone guide me plz thru the online study permit process for Pakistan. I want to apply thru the direct stream. Anyone with experience please help answer the following :

1. In the IMM 1294 in the costs and tuition section, should I write the amount of full tuition fee or just the ones I paid?
  2. I will be living with my brother in canada so should I write any amount in living cost or leave it??
  3. I was denied tourist visa for uk but went to uae instead should I mention this? Or say no all together
  4. There is no medical checkup or Ielts in the supporting documents section (see image)
For number 1, I believe it should be mentioned on your offer letter. It's probably 1 year of tuition fee + 1 year of living expenses. Not the entire tuition fee since tuition fee is counted on an annual basis.

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
For number 1, I believe it should be mentioned on your offer letter. It's probably 1 year of tuition fee + 1 year of living expenses. Not the entire tuition fee since tuition fee is counted on an annual basis.
Thanks! Other than the tuition fee, it says $1000 for books or material but no living cost should I put an average estimate?

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

#3 you should declare visa refusal otherwise you may be banned due to misrepresentation
#5 this is what i indicated in my form: left civil status (married,single etc) blank,present address:indicated deceased, city/town where my parent passed away and date of death,occupation:indicated not applicable

Last edited:

asadz165

Jun 24, 2018
Hi @iq1993,

I am also applying for student visa from Karachi, Pakistan.
Can you tell me which questions you had to edit in order to get Student stream? I am also seeing the same application as the one you shared in image.

asadz165

Jun 24, 2018
Hi @iq1993,

I am also applying for student visa from Karachi, Pakistan.
Can you tell me which questions you had to edit in order to get Student stream? I am also seeing the same application as the one you shared in image.
I changed my answers to the questionnaire as well, now I am getting sds application too. :)

Moreover, have you paid the tuition fee and bought GIC yet? If yes, which method of money transfer did you find most cost effective?