+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in choosing Universities for Fall 2017

swathi25

May 1, 2017
Hello,

My cousin (from India) is planning to study in Canada and is still researching which univ will be good for Mechanical courses in Toronto/ Ontario. He has done his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and graduated this year.

CGPA in his Bachelors - 7.9/10
Ielts= 7

1. Please suggest which Universities will be good for mechanical courses in Toronto/ Ontario? and What are the chances of getting admission?
2. He had some options in his mind like Univ of Windsor but looks like admissions are closed. Also, Consultancy people suggested that it is difficult to get into Univ of Toronto / York. He now thinks to apply for Ryerson Univ. Could you please advise if this a good choice?

Appreciate your replies.
Thank you.

SunnyVerma811

Jun 28, 2017
University of Toronto and York university are high ranked universities. So it might be difficult for him to get admission.
Ryerson is a really good university and i think he should go for it. He can also try for York university but it might be diificult for him to get admission in University of Toronto.

swathi25

May 1, 2017
University of Toronto and York university are high ranked universities. So it might be difficult for him to get admission.
Ryerson is a really good university and i think he should go for it. He can also try for York university but it might be diificult for him to get admission in University of Toronto.
Thank you SunnyVerma811 for your reply.
I have asked him to apply for Ryerson and York for now. Since chances of getting into York is low, do you have any other Univ suggestions for Mechanical course?

Snorlax

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
There are some more universities in Ontario. U can check with UOIT, Lakehead, Brock, Trent, Queen's, UwesternOntario, Uwaterloo, etc. (Some of them re even in Toronto). Anyways I'm afraid that most of the deadlines must have passed for this fall 2017. Better apply for winter intake , u will have sufficient time then.

swathi25

May 1, 2017
There are some more universities in Ontario. U can check with UOIT, Lakehead, Brock, Trent, Queen's, UwesternOntario, Uwaterloo, etc. (Some of them re even in Toronto). Anyways I'm afraid that most of the deadlines must have passed for this fall 2017. Better apply for winter intake , u will have sufficient time then.
Thanks for the reply Snorlax. Yeah, looks like we have to plan for Jan 2018 intake.