+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help!!!!!!!!!!! important please.

Waitingformyvisa

Jul 26, 2013
Hi experts,

Im really worried now. I just checked my certificate of employment and it shows I only worked as a technical support rep for only 11 months and 2 weeks. I was hoping to apply on express entry fsw category and I understand that the experience should be atleast one year or 1560 hours. Eventhough I was 2 week short I always worked 40 hours a week which makes it 2080 hours. Am I qualified guys? Help please.

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waitingformyvisa said:
When you apply for express entry guys do they base it on number of hours or number of months/years?
Both. 1560 hours and 52 weeks. So sorry man, but you are two weeks short under CIC's terms.

Waitingformyvisa

Jul 26, 2013
Oh nooooooo. My future will be ruined because of that 2 weeks. Im currently here in canada as a semi skilled. I thought express entry will be my savior :(

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Waitingformyvisa said:
When you apply for express entry guys do they base it on number of hours or number of months/years?
CIC does not count work in excess. Even you work 80 hours per week CIC will count it as 30. You can read the law about 'Work in Excess' in FSW and Express Entry.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dan_and said:
No. Your profile will be ineligible for FSW.
Agreed. The answer is no. You need a full year of work experience and you are lacking two weeks.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waitingformyvisa said:
Hi experts,

Im really worried now. I just checked my certificate of employment and it shows I only worked as a technical support rep for only 11 months and 2 weeks. I was hoping to apply on express entry fsw category and I understand that the experience should be atleast one year or 1560 hours. Eventhough I was 2 week short I always worked 40 hours a week which makes it 2080 hours. Am I qualified guys? Help please.
You are not working in the same NOC now? You can't make up the 2 weeks in another job of the same type? Or did you work in another eligible NOC for a full year?

Waitingformyvisa

Jul 26, 2013
I did not have any other jobs that qualifies thru express entry fsw. I was with that company for one year and ahalf. What happened was I just transferred to that technical program after 6 months. My initial position was a customer service representative. When I requested for my COE it shpws that I was a technical support representative for one year and a half. But inreality it was only 50weeks. Since I have the coe from the employer that states that I worked as a tech support rep for more than a year, can I just state on fsw that I was on that position? Will it be a problem? Will cic be questioning it eventhough it is already stated on my coe? TIA

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Waitingformyvisa said:
I did not have any other jobs that qualifies thru express entry fsw. I was with that company for one year and ahalf. What happened was I just transferred to that technical program after 6 months. My initial position was a customer service representative. When I requested for my COE it shpws that I was a technical support representative for one year and a half. But inreality it was only 50weeks. Since I have the coe from the employer that states that I worked as a tech support rep for more than a year, can I just state on fsw that I was on that position? Will it be a problem? Will cic be questioning it eventhough it is already stated on my coe? TIA
Sorry to hear that... Are you in a new position now that is going to be reach one-year long in your experience?

Waitingformyvisa

Jul 26, 2013
I did not take any vacation that time guys and after that I did not in a skilled position again. Im currently in alberta in a semi skilled position thats why the only hope for me to qualify thru express entry is thru my skilled experience noc code 2282. But do u think guys I can use that experience? I was with the company for entire 1yr and 6 months. It is a call center. My first job was customer service representative which is non skilled after 6 months and 2 weeks I transferred to a different program which is technical support rep which is skilled. However when I got my certificate of employment intead of putting 6 months on cust rep and 50 weels on tech support they put the whole one year and six months as a technical support representative which makes me qualified fpr express entry. my on concern is will cic find out that I was only on the skilled position for 50 weeks and not 1yr and a half? I have the certificate anyway that shows iwas skilled for more than a year. What do you think everyone? TIA

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Waitingformyvisa said:
I did not take any vacation that time guys and after that I did not in a skilled position again. Im currently in alberta in a semi skilled position thats why the only hope for me to qualify thru express entry is thru my skilled experience noc code 2282. But do u think guys I can use that experience? I was with the company for entire 1yr and 6 months. It is a call center. My first job was customer service representative which is non skilled after 6 months and 2 weeks I transferred to a different program which is technical support rep which is skilled. However when I got my certificate of employment intead of putting 6 months on cust rep and 50 weels on tech support they put the whole one year and six months as a technical support representative which makes me qualified fpr express entry. my on concern is will cic find out that I was only on the skilled position for 50 weeks and not 1yr and a half? I have the certificate anyway that shows iwas skilled for more than a year. What do you think everyone? TIA
How will CIC find that out? Even if they find that out, CIC only care about job description. As long as customer service rep duties also cover technical support duties then you are fine.

Waitingformyvisa

Jul 26, 2013
Ok thanks. My cust service rep experience doesnt cover any technical support duties. I guess I will try try express entry since I have the work experience stated on my COE.