+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help .. Im lost ! Covid 19 - giving birth, and death ! will I be able to come back to Canada

Sarah2017

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hey everyone,
my husband and I both have Pr but we are currently outside of Canada ! i was first in a family visit on October 2019 plan to stay for 2 months and I have the tickets back booked but the pandemic started and the border were closed and I had to give birth outside of canada. When all things were good I applied for my daughter visa which took about 10 months to approve and I couldn't leave here there as there was noe will take care of her.
We travels back and start our lives when my mom suddenly got very sick ! I had to come back to see here as she was suddenly diagnosed with stage 4 cancer! we all come back and I had to take care of here at that time my daughter visa expired and my mother sadddly died ( which I can't believe until now)) I applied for my daughter new visa since June and now my Pr status is about to expire and her visa is taking very long time is getting longer every week.
anyone have any idea how to speed up the process OR will Canada consider my situation when I come back ?
any advice

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,
my husband and I both have Pr but we are currently outside of Canada ! i was first in a family visit on October 2019 plan to stay for 2 months and I have the tickets back booked but the pandemic started and the border were closed and I had to give birth outside of canada. When all things were good I applied for my daughter visa which took about 10 months to approve and I couldn't leave here there as there was noe will take care of her.
We travels back and start our lives when my mom suddenly got very sick ! I had to come back to see here as she was suddenly diagnosed with stage 4 cancer! we all come back and I had to take care of here at that time my daughter visa expired and my mother sadddly died ( which I can't believe until now)) I applied for my daughter new visa since June and now my Pr status is about to expire and her visa is taking very long time is getting longer every week.
anyone have any idea how to speed up the process OR will Canada consider my situation when I come back ?
any advice
During the pandemic, the border were not closed and i still can travel between Canada and the rest of the world. Not sure why you cannot travel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,
any advice
There is no way to speed up the processing of your daughter's TRV.

When does your PR expire exactly?

You want to make sure you return to Canada before your PR card expires, hope you are not reported at the border for failing to meet the residency obligation, and then remain in Canada for 2 years straight to meet the residency obligation and then apply for a new PR card.

If your PR card expires before you can travel to Canada, then you can try applying for a PRTD with H&C considerations. However the outcome of that is much less certain and this may not save your PR status.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no way to speed up the processing of your daughter's TRV.

When does your PR expire exactly?

You want to make sure you return to Canada before your PR card expires, hope you are not reported at the border for failing to meet the residency obligation, and then remain in Canada for 2 years straight to meet the residency obligation and then apply for a new PR card.

If your PR card expires before you can travel to Canada, then you can try applying for a PRTD with H&C considerations. However the outcome of that is much less certain and this may not save your PR status.
Just to add, you cannot sponsor your child until you meet RO. Make sure your child has health insurance until she has PR.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did you do after received the letter below? Did you apply for TRP as I suggested earlier?

This is the letter !!!!

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within

30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my pr expires on May 2024
i spend about 4-6 months only in Canada when I got ot
In that case you still have time. Once your child's TRV is approved and you travel to Canada, you will then want to remain in Canada until you meet the residency obligation. Nothing much you can do but wait at this point.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What did you do after received the letter below? Did you apply for TRP as I suggested earlier?
Per the OP's original post, this is the first application that was approved. Visa expired without them being able to travel and they have now applied again.

Sarah2017

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
I got the Pr while I was in Canada I studies and worked therw since 2009. I never pland to leave but it was not im my hands

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my pr expires on May 2024
i spend about 4-6 months only in Canada when I got ot
All you can do is wait and hope your child’s TRV is approved. Again your child will not have access to provincial health care, social services or schooling (unless paying for it) as a visitor. You will not want to sponsor your child until you meet RO so plan for that.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Again your child will not have access to provincial health care, social services or schooling (unless paying for it) as a visitor.
I believe that this is not always true, depends on the province. OP must check. But must be prepared for not having access / doing the upfront work to verify in advance.

Also suggest take first step: returning ASAP. And post in the residency obligations section.