+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help identifying the NOC code

Achrafkb

May 11, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have a question. I know that it is not directly related to EE but I don't know where to put it so I will post it here. I do apologize if this is not an appropriate place to post this.
So I am working as a Student Recruitment Advisor at a University in Canada, and I couldn't find an NOC that matches with this. I am wondering if anyone has done this job before and would help me figuring this out.

Some of the main duties include:

-Identifying and understanding student needs through consultations via telephone and email correspondence.
- Providing a bespoke and consultative service to all students, assessing requirements, and making recommendations in line with individual needs.
- Managing student applications from original inquiry through to payment.
- Working with prospective students, applicants, and their families to provide high quality advising on university/school admission requirements, academic
programs, and university life.
- Promoting the programs and services of the University
- Interviewing potential students to explore their background, interests and identify their individual career goals and determine their eligibility for the university programs.
- Completing enrollment of new students including related paperwork and providing information on payment options

The closest NOC that I found is 41320 - Educational counsellors , but only few things apply

I do really appreciate all your help

Thanks a lot,

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a question. I know that it is not directly related to EE but I don't know where to put it so I will post it here. I do apologize if this is not an appropriate place to post this.
So I am working as a Student Recruitment Advisor at a University in Canada, and I couldn't find an NOC that matches with this. I am wondering if anyone has done this job before and would help me figuring this out.

Some of the main duties include:

-Identifying and understanding student needs through consultations via telephone and email correspondence.
- Providing a bespoke and consultative service to all students, assessing requirements, and making recommendations in line with individual needs.
- Managing student applications from original inquiry through to payment.
- Working with prospective students, applicants, and their families to provide high quality advising on university/school admission requirements, academic
programs, and university life.
- Promoting the programs and services of the University
- Interviewing potential students to explore their background, interests and identify their individual career goals and determine their eligibility for the university programs.
- Completing enrollment of new students including related paperwork and providing information on payment options

The closest NOC that I found is 41320 - Educational counsellors , but only few things apply

I do really appreciate all your help

Thanks a lot,
Sure, I can help you with that.

The NOC code that you have found, 41320 - Educational counsellors, is a good match for your job description. The duties of an educational counsellor include:
  • Counselling students on educational matters, such as course selection, program planning, and career development.
  • Providing information and support to students and their families.
  • Advising students on financial aid and other resources.
Your job description includes many of these duties, such as:
  • Providing a bespoke and consultative service to all students, assessing requirements, and making recommendations in line with individual needs.
  • Working with prospective students, applicants, and their families to provide high quality advising on university/school admission requirements, academic programs, and university life.
  • Interviewing potential students to explore their background, interests and identify their individual career goals and determine their eligibility for the university programs.
The only duty that is not explicitly mentioned in the NOC code is managing student applications from original inquiry through to payment. However, this is a related duty that is often performed by educational counsellors.

Overall, I believe that the NOC code 41320 - Educational counsellors is a good fit for your job description. If you are still unsure, you can consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant who can help you determine the correct NOC code for your job.

Reactions: Achrafkb

Achrafkb

May 11, 2023
Sure, I can help you with that.

The NOC code that you have found, 41320 - Educational counsellors, is a good match for your job description. The duties of an educational counsellor include:
  • Counselling students on educational matters, such as course selection, program planning, and career development.
  • Providing information and support to students and their families.
  • Advising students on financial aid and other resources.
Your job description includes many of these duties, such as:
  • Providing a bespoke and consultative service to all students, assessing requirements, and making recommendations in line with individual needs.
  • Working with prospective students, applicants, and their families to provide high quality advising on university/school admission requirements, academic programs, and university life.
  • Interviewing potential students to explore their background, interests and identify their individual career goals and determine their eligibility for the university programs.
The only duty that is not explicitly mentioned in the NOC code is managing student applications from original inquiry through to payment. However, this is a related duty that is often performed by educational counsellors.

Overall, I believe that the NOC code 41320 - Educational counsellors is a good fit for your job description. If you are still unsure, you can consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant who can help you determine the correct NOC code for your job.
Thank you so much @Raptor33 for the response, I appreciate your help!

Reactions: Raptor33