+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! I turned 18 in CANADA, but ITA Checklist still asks for PCC

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
Regarding police certificates, the cic website says: You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

So i had my 18th birthday in September 2010, and I was at university in Canada at the time. Since that time I have only gone back home to my country twice and for a maximum of 2 weeks each time.

All these information I had filled in the forms in my travel history section, but still the ITA checklists still asks me to upload a police certificate. :-[

Does this not exempt me from getting a police certificate?
Should I just upload a letter of explanation, or just get one done anyways??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should get it done anyway. We've seen other people on this forum with your situation previously - and it's no unusual for CIC to request a PCC from your home country. Just get it done to avoid delays.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:
Regarding police certificates, the cic website says: You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

So i had my 18th birthday in September 2010, and I was at university in Canada at the time. Since that time I have only gone back home to my country twice and for a maximum of 2 weeks each time.

All these information I had filled in the forms in my travel history section, but still the ITA checklists still asks me to upload a police certificate. :-[

Does this not exempt me from getting a police certificate?
Should I just upload a letter of explanation, or just get one done anyways??
I would get the certificate. If you were on a study visa, CIC might consider that you still live in your home country, and are only temporarily visiting Canada to study.

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Technically you don't have to provide the PCC. You could attach a letter of explanation saying that you've been living in Canada since before you turned 18. Not sure if this is a good idea though.

MigooMigoo

Nov 16, 2015
omolomi what did you do with your PC situation?

I'm in the same position as you right now. I never lived anywhere outside Canada since I was 18 for more than 6 months. I have about 57 days left to submit my application and to do the PC through the Embassy from my home country will take 2 months. Please tell me what you did or any one who knows what could be done. :'(

I talked to an immigration lawyer and advised me to upload a letter of explanation.