+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP]I got Medical request today. please help me with some questions! thanks!

ak47zaq

Jan 25, 2016
Hey guys, I wish everybody doing alright on their journey of immigration.

I got medical request from CIC today, but I'm not in a perfect health condition right now, so I'm wondering what should I do?

My condition now: I'm 27 years old.
I got Nephrotic syndrome, 3+proteinuria, blood pressure around 135/90, creatinine normal, eGFR normal. No HIV, NO hepatitis, No tuberculosis, No diabetes, No heart failure or any other conditions.

Already taken steroids for four months, and doesn't work for me, so doctor change to cyclosporine treatment. I'm not living in a hospital, I'm taking pills to control my blood pressure, and hopefully cyclosporine can fix my proteinuria. I'm working five days a week like normal. Disease doesn't really effect my daily life too much.

so here is the question: what should I do before I go to the immigration medical doctor? What should I tell her? What should I not tell her? What can i do before the medical exam? Will I get reject as a result of my health condition?

please help me, thank you very much. I've invest all my 20s and money to study in Canada and got a job, I'm working so hard to be a independent man, I really don't want to get reject because of this.

vik302

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25 feb
AOR Received.
06 jan 15
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
09-03-2016
Interview........
Rprf req 03 march 2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
ak47zaq said:

I got medical request from CIC today, but I'm not in a perfect health condition right now, so I'm wondering what should I do?

I got Nephrotic syndrome, 3+proteinuria, blood pressure around 135/90, creatinine normal, eGFR normal. No HIV, NO hepatitis, No tuberculosis, No diabetes, No heart failure or any other conditions.

Already taken steroids for four months, and doesn't work for me, so doctor change to cyclosporine treatment. I'm not living in a hospital, I'm taking pills to control my blood pressure, and hopefully cyclosporine can fix my proteinuria. I'm working five days a week like normal. Disease doesn't really effect my daily life too much.

so here is the question: what should I do before I go to the immigration medical doctor? What should I tell her? What should I not tell her? What can i do before the medical exam? Will I get reject as a result of my health condition?

please help me, thank you very much. I've invest all my 20s and money to study in Canada and got a job, I'm working so hard to be a independent man, I really don't want to get reject because of this.
talk to your family doctor and tell him that you will be doing immigration medical test and based on current situation what should you do ...in the medical test they will see will the treatment be expensive
My best wishes to you

ak47zaq

Jan 25, 2016
vik302 said:
talk to your family doctor and tell him that you will be doing immigration medical test and based on current situation what should you do ...in the medical test they will see will the treatment be expensive
My best wishes to you
thank you very much.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My suggestion is do not hide anything from the immigration doctor. Because if its something imp they will find out regardless with the blood tests and the physical checkups( bloodpressure etc). So if they find out without u mentioning it it might be a prOblem. I mean u can take the chance of not telling them and there might be s possibility that they dont find out but if they do u would be risking your case.

Secondly pr is only rejected if they feel that u have a condition that will be a burden on their health system. If your doc costs are too much for the prblem u have. Or if your dosease is coinage. If its none of the above and u just take pills i doubt itll be a problem.

Best of luck!

ak47zaq

Jan 25, 2016
ushiee88 said:
My suggestion is do not hide anything from the immigration doctor. Because if its something imp they will find out regardless with the blood tests and the physical checkups( bloodpressure etc). So if they find out without u mentioning it it might be a prOblem. I mean u can take the chance of not telling them and there might be s possibility that they dont find out but if they do u would be risking your case.

Secondly pr is only rejected if they feel that u have a condition that will be a burden on their health system. If your doc costs are too much for the prblem u have. Or if your dosease is coinage. If its none of the above and u just take pills i doubt itll be a problem.

Best of luck!
thank you very much, I'm a man with honor, i'm not going to hide or lie, I'm just trying to figure out what should I do. but thank you again.

ChildofGod77

Mar 9, 2017
Hello! How are you now? How did your medical go and your application? I hope it went well.:) my sister has the same case as you, Nephrotic Syndrome but it is controlled and all her labs are normal. She's just been taking a low-dose maintenance drug for around 7 years but apart from that she's very normal and physically able. I wonder, does this condition affect the application that much or not really? Thank you for your reply in advance!

ChildofGod77

Mar 9, 2017
Hi ak47zaq! This is my reply to your last message. I was trying to send one in your inbox but it said your memory is full so I thought of just posting it here for you to read it. :)
Oh, thank you for welcoming me to Canada in advance and for all the well wishes.haha. Well, I just wish the same for you! It`s good to know you`re a Chinese. I`ve been working in a Filipino-Chinese company for like 3 years already. Don`t worry so much on that health condition. Just live happily there and wish for the best coz' I can feel you are a good man and you have so much more to explore in life. Your PR is really a great thing for you and you`re very lucky to have that. Well, I actually plan to enter Canada via student visa probably this year. I wish and pray my plans will prosper. Hopefully, they will allow me to study there even if I have some maintenance meds for this. (keeping my fingers crossed). I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with me.

May you have a healthy stable condition and wishing you success in all your plans!

quimburly

Apr 11, 2021

Did u underwent kidney biopsy before medical exam?