+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! I am thinking of withdrawing study permit application

Parm2345

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Hello,

I lodge file in ontario province in july 2020. But i haven't received any decision on my file. So I'm thinking of withdrawing application nd to reapply again because these days submitted applications are getting decision faster. But I don't know how to withdraw it.

I have few questions regarding this-

1. How much time does it take to withdraw file?
2. Can i reapply again while processing withdrawing procedure?
3. Does i have to apply for refund from college if i want to reapply in same college?

Devil76

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hello,

I lodge file in ontario province in july 2020. But i haven't received any decision on my file. So I'm thinking of withdrawing application nd to reapply again because these days submitted applications are getting decision faster. But I don't know how to withdraw it.

3. Does i have to apply for refund from college if i want to reapply in same college?

Hi, I was in same situation like yours and yes I did withdrew my app and reapplied and it was successful in just 9 days

Withdrawal takes close to 10 Days

You can reapply the very next day of withdrawal but it is advised to wait for week

No need to do anything with college and use the same LOA

Parm2345

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Hi, I was in same situation like yours and yes I did withdrew my app and reapplied and it was successful in just 9 days

You can reapply the very next day of withdrawal but it is advised to wait for week

Thank you so much for clearing my doubts

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

Can clarify “ I lodge file in Ontario province” do you mean you applied for PNP-ON but havent heared anything since July 2020??

Parm2345

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Can clarify “ I lodge file in Ontario province” do you mean you applied for PNP-ON but havent heared anything since July 2020??
No I applied for study permit application in july 2020 nd then received AIP on 3 sept but still no
Final decision

Parm2345

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020

Hi devil,
Is there any other way where i contact you because its urgent

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No I applied for study permit application in july 2020 nd then received AIP on 3 sept but still no
Final decision
Thanks for re writting in simple English. I know one member support the idea of withdrawing and reapply and works fine, but i dont know if thats a best approach and works in everycase. Given covid situation, have you considered requesting gcms notes that will take few days than withdraw request timeline and reapply?

Parm2345

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Thanks for re writting in simple English. I know one member support the idea of withdrawing and reapply and works fine, but i dont know if thats a best approach and works in everycase. Given covid situation, have you considered requesting gcms notes that will take few days than withdraw request timeline and reapply?
Yes i ordered gcms notes a month before nd received few days ago
My eligibility is recommended passed
Medical -Passed - expired (remedical done on 9 march 2021 but still not updated)
Info sharing - complete
Criminality- passed

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes i ordered gcms notes a month before nd received few days ago
My eligibility is recommended passed
Medical -Passed - expired (remedical done on 9 march 2021 but still not updated)
Info sharing - complete
Criminality- passed
If you did your medical exam again in March, but passed one before expiry, I would never risk withdraw and reapply given last event was March and i passed my medical ( good step toward PPT).
What happens when withdraw, if you application was heading to approval, you start all over again and may land to different visa processing officer... as long as VFS are closed, you will stuck somewhere anyway. But final decision is yours

Reactions: UBC 2017

Parm2345

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
If you did your medical exam again in March, but passed one before expiry, I would never risk withdraw and reapply given last event was March and i passed my medical ( good step toward PPT).
What happens when withdraw, if you application was heading to approval, you start all over again and may land to different visa processing officer... as long as VFS are closed, you will stuck somewhere anyway. But final decision is yours
Thank you for your suggestion.
I'm really very confused this time don't know what to do because according to IRCC latest update they will prioritize complete file for sep intake which will be submit by 15 may 2021