+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! I AM ENGLISH AND NEED ADVICE ON MY VISA PLEASE....

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone...

I have been in Saskatchewan since May 2011. I live with my Canadian boyfriend and am here on a visitor visa. We have decided for him to sponsor me, so have the forms ready to send off,when i hear if my visitor visa has been renewed (ran out sept 30th)
Providing they say yes to my visitor extension should we send our application inside Canada or do it from outside Canada? i am desperate to work and finding a company with an LMO is a nightmare, no one responds! so i need the quickest way to get my work permit.

thanks so much Kate :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you apply inland, you won't qualify for an open work permit until your application has first stage approval (AIP). First stage approval is currently taking 11 months to process.

If you apply outland, you will qualify to work once your file has been approved and you have become a permanent resident of Canada. The posted processing time for the London office is 10 months. However this is how long it took CIC to complete processing for 80% of applications - which means many people get through faster (some quite a bit faster).

If working is a priority - I would apply outland (outside of Canada).

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for that! 8)

Even though i don't have my visa yet (i am on implied status) can i send it off? one question asks when my visa runs out and am not sure what to put as it ran out sept 30th.

thanks so much for your reply!!

kate