+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! Hong Kong Police Certificate not yet received by the Canadian Immigration.

Zeig

Mar 4, 2019
On the 7th of Jan 2020, I got a request letter from my express entry profile requesting for a police certificate in Hong Kong. I went to the police office and payed on the 14th of Jan. They said that the processing time for the Hong Kong police certificate would take 3-4 weeks. I emailed to confirm whether the police certificate was already sent, they emailed me back and said that the Certificate was already sent via registered airmail on the 5th of Feb. Its already the 21st of Feb and I still haven't received and update on my express entry profile saying that the Canadian immigration received the certificate.

I am afraid that I might miss the deadline, since its stated on the requesting letter that they need to receive the certificate within 60 days from the date the letter was sent, which is the 7th of Jan.

Is it possible to contact the Canadian Immigration if they already received the certificate? Or will they be able to extend the deadline, since It was already out of my hands, I already applied a week after getting the letter, and the HK police was the one who sent the certificate directly to the Canadian Immigration.

Anyone with a similar situation? Or has an experience it applying for a Hong Kong Police Certificate? Thank You!

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
send a webform to IRCC attached your receipt....tell them HKP already sent the Police cert and it is on the way

They will wait for you longer....it took almost one month for me (2.5 weeks mailing , 1 week sitting at Sydney CIO mail room and couple day for them to open + updated on system

System won't show anything on police cert...you need to call ircc to confirm

Zeig

Mar 4, 2019
Thank You! Do I need to upload anything on my profile? It says I should update the police certificate in my uploaded files, but it the cert is sent directly to them. It has a deadline of March 10.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thank You! Do I need to upload anything on my profile? It says I should update the police certificate in my uploaded files, but it the cert is sent directly to them. It has a deadline of March 10.
Just upload a brief explanation letter say you already applied it and attached the HKP receipt

IRCC knows what to expect

Vh7895

Mar 1, 2020
Hi Guys anyone know for Hk police check application: I lived in Hk years ago with one passport (Italian where I had my Hk visa) I have always been a dual citizen (USA too). I need to request hk police certificate : which passport copy do I include ? Italian ? Us? Both? Thanks so much