+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Help! Help!

stanjack

Jul 16, 2013
Hello everyone,
Just applied for citizenship a week ago and am waiting for response.Am in Toronto and I just want to know how long averagely does it take for one to get response them. Again am thinking of moving to Edmonton soon , can that affect my application

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just over 2 years. Dont worry you have quite some time to wait

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
stanjack said:
what i meant was that when will i get response from cic to do the test not the entire waiting time
It took me just over 40 business days to get an acknowledgement of receipt from CIC.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
stanjack said:
what i meant was that when will i get response from cic to do the test not the entire waiting time
If you don't hear back from CIC withing 60 days you need to call.

mike

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stanjack said:
Hello everyone,
Just applied for citizenship a week ago and am waiting for response.Am in Toronto and I just want to know how long averagely does it take for one to get response them. Again am thinking of moving to Edmonton soon , can that affect my application
Well for notification to give test, it takes at least
1) An year if you're lucky
2) 2 years if you're moderately lucky
3) Varying range of lucks for time frames in between
4) Seriously deprived of luck beyond 2 years.

If I were you, I will also see how things move in Edmonton as our Edmontonian friends were out of a Citizenship judge for a long time and I believe they got one only recently. If one considers the processing time for the overall Canada is slower, then the Edmonton processing time would wanna make them love the rest of the country's processing times. Not sure if its still the same.

PS: it would be a lot helpful if from the next time if you can please put up a better subject line for this thread, rather than a generic "Help! Help! Help!", that's what one says when he's drowning. For other kinds of help we have enough time to put some descriptive message up there, I guess. Just my 2 cents. ;)

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
CanuckForEver said:

If I were you, I will also see how things move in Edmonton as our Edmontonian friends were out of a Citizenship judge for a long time and I believe they got one only recently. If one considers the processing time for the overall Canada is slower, then the Edmonton processing time would wanna make them love the rest of the country's processing times. Not sure if its still the same.

PS: it would be a lot helpful if from the next time if you can please put up a better subject line for this thread, rather than a generic "Help! Help! Help!", that's what one says when he's drowning. For other kinds of help we have enough time to put some descriptive message up there, I guess. Just my 2 cents. ;)
HA HA HA HA you are killing me dude....and where it comes to my drowning friend screaming for help you have a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg road ahead of you. Good Luck

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
5. With a RQ, who knows how much longer?

CanuckForEver said:

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
So you are moving to Deadmonton. I lived here in Edmonton since 2007. For one year your files will be under the chair of the CIC agent in Nova Scotia for incubation or possibly as a seat cushion.
If you won't get a request for fingerprint or that popular mind boggling RQ then in 2 years you will be blessed with a notice for written test.

Goodluck and welcome to the waiting game, where more and more people are getting frustrated with The Conservative party .