+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help....WES did'nt recognize India's top ranked institute...what to do

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
Unfortunately, WES gave an equivalence of mere post graduate diploma of 1 year to my MBA degree from an IIM. I have challenged their decision.
I would strongly suggest everyone to avoid getting your ECA through WES. It's a waste of your valuable money and time.
Hey!
I was looking for someone who has done a 1yr MBA from an IIM and then found your post. I did the 1yr full time MBA from IIM as well. Can you please share how did you get the Master's equivalent for your ECA?
I was thinking whether to send my transcripts to WES or others but it seems WES is the fastest option.
Thanks in advance

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
On another note, is there anyone else who did the 1 yr full time MBA from IIM, got the ECA done by WES, and received Master's equivalent. Asking since I don't want to spend time and effort on WES and then later on IQAS/CES to get it done again. The final certificate mentions Diploma for obvious reasons.
Thanks!

diyaaa

Apr 18, 2019
Is degree equivalence dependent on specialization of the course too? For instance, HR or Business Analytics. Plz advice. _/\_

Aug 30, 2020
Similar status for me..
Did Executive part time MBA from IIFT, New Delhi.

Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Capital and Financial Markets
Year: 2015
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Major/Specialization: Capital and Financial Markets
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

However, with their Canadian equivalency I am unable to find a suitable program on the below list
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html
Hi, were you able to get a resolution for this. I'm in the same situation.
Can you pls share your contact details on 9654591790. Would really be of big help pls.

Sep 7, 2020
Hi All,

I want to share how this thread helped me revise my WES evaluation for 2 year PGDM (mostly in IIMs, XLRI, XIMB etc.) from non recognized to Master's degree.

1. I obtained only the transcripts from my college (XIMB) and sent along with my graduation transcripts to WES on 30th March.
2. On 3rd May, 2018 I received my WES evaluation stating my graduation is recognized as 4 years equivalent to Canadian Bachelors but my PGDM is not recognized.
3. I came across this thread on 3rd May and immediately reached out to XIMB to send me the AICTE and AIU approvals for the years of study applicable to me along with a cover letter stating that the institute and the PGDM program is well recognized by AICTE and AIU.
4. On 7th May, I received through courier the documents from my college and the same day I raised a request for re-evaluation in the Contact Us section of WES and also couriered the documents to WES Canada.
5. No response from 7th May till 14th May, only update from my DHL courier was that the documents were received by WES on 9th May.
6. On 16th May, i.e. yesterday, WES replied "Your WES evaluation report will be reviewed. If it contains any errors, we will make the appropriate changes and reissue your evaluation report to you and any recipients. If we are unable to make the changes you are requesting we will notify you in writing."
7. On 17th May, I got another mail " We have reviewed and updated your evaluation report. A revised evaluation report will be issued to you and any recipients you had requested. We apologize for any inconvenience caused." and I also got my PGDM assessed as Masters.
8. All thanks to the people on this group who had shared their experience which helped me expedite and get my re-evaluation done faster.
Where can I find re-evaluation option in WES contact us? Cannot see a request re-evaluation tab?...and is it fine to upload the AIU and AICTE certificate on the 'Upload Documents' tab of WES or courier is compulsory?

ajamil

Oct 11, 2020
Hi all

I hold a PGDM degree from XLRI (One of India's top 5 MBA institutes) and I sent my educational transcripts and degree in prescribed manner to WES for assessment.

And just now, I received my report. While they recognized my bachelor's degree from Thapar, but for my Master's they mentioned "Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution; The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential"

How is that possible? How can they not recognize India's top ranked institute XLRI, while I have seen them providing equivalency status from small small institutes of India.

Guys, please advise what to do?
Hi,
I also hold a full-time PGDM degree from XLRI and I am now looking for options to migrate to Canada. Will be really helpful to know if you could finally get the XLRI degree considered as Master's.
Thanks in advance. Awaiting your response.

Regards

anmol22222

Dec 11, 2020
Hi,
I am from XIMB as well 2009 batch

My degree was assessed as Master's Degree (Canadian Equivalency). You need to arrange AIU equivalence certificate awarded to XIMB for your batch and AICTE approval certificate for both years of study awarded to our college.

Chk with Dean's ofc, they will give it and send it along with a cover letter and transcripts

u can PM me if u need further information
Hi,

The same issue happened with me. While I got the AICTE and AIU documents from the dean over the mail. How are those to be sent to WES? - Physical copies or there is a place to attach the documents and upload in the portal?

Also, in case they are to be sent physically from the university, do I need to again send the transcripts along?

Requesting assistance.

Thanks,

Rohit_11

Dec 22, 2020
So I challenged WES on their assessment upon which they reviewed their evaluation and gave me a revised report which now has an MBA equivalency.
Hi...

Can you tell me that if I am sending the IIM degree - do I even need to send Bachelors degree along with it ?

arshad.22029

Dec 24, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Friends am too caught in same situation as WES stated the below. Is there any solution that the below will be considered by any ECA.
I saw one the internet that this course is approved by AICTE

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2015
Awarded by: Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research - Distance Learning
Major/Specialization: E-Business
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.
Hi,

I too have done PGDM from Welingkar's.
Did you get your ECA revaluated? if yes was the result positive?

arshad.22029

Dec 24, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Hi,

I too have done PGDM from Welingkar's.
Did you get your ECA revaluated? if yes was the result positive?
I evaluated it from Wes. They have evaluated it as postgraduate diploma from non recognized institute.

I have written them stating that transcript clearly states that institute is recognized by ugc and approved by aicte.

This is very absurd from Wes. I hope they evaluate it as postgraduate diploma.

SnehalS2202

Feb 7, 2021
Hi,

The same issue happened with me. While I got the AICTE and AIU documents from the dean over the mail. How are those to be sent to WES? - Physical copies or there is a place to attach the documents and upload in the portal?

Also, in case they are to be sent physically from the university, do I need to again send the transcripts along?

Requesting assistance.

Thanks,
Hi

My MBA from XIMB has been recognised as Postgraduate diploma from a non-recognised institution by WES.
Was it the same for you? Did you send the mail clarification to WES? any response? Any suggestions on getting it re-evaluated by CES or IQAS?

SnehalS2202

Feb 7, 2021
Hi Friends,

I have got my WES ECA report today.

Canadian Equivalency Summary

Bachelor’s Degree (Four Years)

Credential Analysis

Name of Credential: Kwatra, Anuj
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Year: 2007
Awarded by: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Major: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s Degree (Four Years)

Name of Credential: Kwatra, Anuj
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2012
Awarded by: Xavier Institute of Management
Major: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate Diploma from a non-recognized institution

Can I do something to ensure my PG Diploma from XIMB is evaluated as 2-year diploma and I can select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program for 3 or more years. " while creating my EE profile ?

Request prompt reply
HI
Did you send it for re-evaluation or did you get the evaluation done though another CES/IQAS? Mine is PGDM from XIMB - 2014 batch. I received the ECA from WES today itself and the status is same as yours.

SnehalS2202

Feb 7, 2021
I evaluated it from Wes. They have evaluated it as postgraduate diploma from non recognized institute.

I have written them stating that transcript clearly states that institute is recognized by ugc and approved by aicte.

This is very absurd from Wes. I hope they evaluate it as postgraduate diploma.
Did you get a response from them

SnehalS2202

Feb 7, 2021
Hi,

Requesting assistance.

Thanks,
Hi
Were you able to send the documents to WES? How did you proceed? Any response from them? DId you get the re-evaluation done through IQAS/CES?