+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP from fellow FILIPINA...Question about endorsing our marriage certificate

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
Hello All,
We got married in Hong kong last May 25 , 2012, I am a filipino citizen and my husband is Canadian.
We would like to start filling up our application and we don't know how to start.
As far as i know i have to have a marriage certificate on a secured NSO papers, but the lady from the
NSO said it will take a while. :(, it means our process will be delayed because of this .
Please help! any advise would be highly appreciated.
thanks!

inlove14

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello.. u can advance endorse the marriage certificate in the NSO.. im married to canadian also and we got our marriage certificate after 3 weeks of advanced endorsed. good luck

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
inlove14 said:
hello.. u can advance endorse the marriage certificate in the NSO.. im married to canadian also and we got our marriage certificate after 3 weeks of advanced endorsed. good luck
Hello Dear,
Did you got married outside the Philippines?
I went there yesterday and they said , the Hong kong registry will submit our marriage certificate in DFA then DFA will endorse the MC to NSO. but for now i cannot do anything :(.
thanks for your reply!

inlove14

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asianculture2010 said:
Hello Dear,
I went there yesterday and they said , the Hong kong registry will submit our marriage certificate in DFA then DFA will endorse the MC to NSO. but for now i cannot do anything :(.
thanks for your reply!
oh sorry i got married in the philippines.. but u can ask advice in manila thread regarding with this matter.. maybe they can help u.. God bless

bubblebee

May 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2012
AOR Received.
/sponsorship approval: July 11, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
/Date issued: Sept. 13,2012/recvd:Oct. 3,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 24, 2012 /received: Nov. 17, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER :) :) :) :)
asianculture2010 said:
Hello Dear,
thanks for your reply!
do you have the marriage cert? One of my friends has the same case with you they got married in aus. She just went to the nso and presented her marriage cert.( reg. in aus.) and asked the lady to have a rush authenticated certificate (nso paper) and after a month she received it, but if you want to make sure go visit the nso website

bubblebee

May 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asianculture2010 said:
I will try to go back there again and do what ever it takes to get an authenticated NSO paper for my MC.
thank you all!
How was it? :)

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
Bubblebee,
It could be authenticated but i need to go to Chinese embassy in Makati to get a stamp then bring the document to DFA and the rest will follow, that is the normal procedure.
Hong kong registry does not forward our marriage contract so i need to do it myself.
Do you have any idea where to get my medical done?
Thanks!

hourra

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2010
Doc's Request.
february 2011
AOR Received.
december 15, 2010
Med's Request
re-med, march 27,2012
Med's Done....
re-med, may 11,2012
Interview........
january 11,2012
Passport Req..
february 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM june 16,2012, visa june 22,2012
LANDED..........
july 18
i'm a canadian citizen and i married a filipina in hong kong, you must declare your marriage to the Philippines consulate in Hong Kong(visit the consulate website) and follow the instructions. You must fill 4 forms (1 is sent to the NSO in Manila, one to DFA in Manila,one will be sent to you, and the last will stay in the consulate. Yes, you will loose time for your application because the visa office will ask you to register your marriage to the NSO, and after that, you must send the true copy of marriage contract on security paper from the NSO to the visa office. You got married in Hong Kong? ask to the marriage registry office in Hong Kong to have 3 or 4 authenticated marriage certificate even if you must pay for that, because the visa office will ask you to have a copy. good luck.

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
hourra said:
i'm a canadian citizen and i married a filipina in hong kong, you must declare your marriage to the Philippines consulate in Hong Kong(visit the consulate website) and follow the instructions. You must fill 4 forms (1 is sent to the NSO in Manila, one to DFA in Manila,one will be sent to you, and the last will stay in the consulate. Yes, you will loose time for your application because the visa office will ask you to register your marriage to the NSO, and after that, you must send the true copy of marriage contract on security paper from the NSO to the visa office. You got married in Hong Kong? ask to the marriage registry office in Hong Kong to have 3 or 4 authenticated marriage certificate even if you must pay for that, because the visa office will ask you to have a copy. good luck.
Hello Hourra,
Thank you so much for the information, it will really help a lot, next week i will go to Chinese embassy in Makati and i will start the process.I will follow your advise!
thank you so much!

hourra

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2010
Doc's Request.
february 2011
AOR Received.
december 15, 2010
Med's Request
re-med, march 27,2012
Med's Done....
re-med, may 11,2012
Interview........
january 11,2012
Passport Req..
february 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM june 16,2012, visa june 22,2012
LANDED..........
july 18
i don't know if you can register your marriage at the chinese embassy in makati. Remember, Hong kong is a special territory of China with is own rules. If you can not do it at the chinese embassy in Makati, go to the philippines consulate website in Hong Kong, you will find all you need to register. I pass by this way and i lost 3 months for the application of my wife. (3 months was the time to get registered from the philippines consulate to the NSO.

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
hourra said:
i don't know if you can register your marriage at the chinese embassy in makati. Remember, Hong kong is a special territory of China with is own rules. If you can not do it at the chinese embassy in Makati, go to the philippines consulate website in Hong Kong, you will find all you need to register. I pass by this way and i lost 3 months for the application of my wife. (3 months was the time to get registered from the philippines consulate to the NSO.
Hello Hourra,
Would you mind if i could get your private email or your spouse email so i could ask questions? because we are going to the same route as you guys did, I am a Filipina and my husband is Canadian living in USA, that's where we met when i was there.
We got married last May 25, fairly new and we would like to get all the documents ready so we can send them in July.
We are following the checklist but i still have some queries that i know you can answer.
When did you start your process? i hope you already finished everything.
My email add is asianculture2010@yahoo.com.
Thank you again for your help.

bubblebee

May 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asianculture2010 said:
Bubblebee,
It could be authenticated but i need to go to Chinese embassy in Makati to get a stamp then bring the document to DFA and the rest will follow, that is the normal procedure.
Hong kong registry does not forward our marriage contract so i need to do it myself.
Do you have any idea where to get my medical donee
Thanks!
its good to hear someone has the same case with you. Go to cic.gc.ca and search for "designated medical practitioner" and then choose your continent and country. Tpos all designated drs. Makikita mu dun :)

bubblebee

May 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2012
AOR Received.