+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Forgot to send fees with OWP, sent new OWP to Edmonton while in status but now out of status

kayg

Jul 16, 2019
Hi there hoping someone can provide me with some insight . I initially sent the spousal sponsorship PR package to the CIC Mississauga office around May 28th . After sending it i realized 2 weeks later that i had not included the OWP fees with the application so I contacted the CIC customer service where there advised me that I should send a new OWP form with he fees to the processing center in Edmonton. I have not received any AOR or received the PR application back because of the missing fees.(i saw other ppl saying they send it back to you are missing any fees.) My visitors visa has ended as of today, should I be applying for restoration of status, or does the new OWP I sent to Edmonton give me implied status. What about when I have to return the PR application ? Will the new OWP sent to Edmonton give me implied status? I am confused and do not want to get caught up being out of status please help.

BTrevisan

Sep 17, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you.
I resent my OWP application to Edmonton just last week, but my visitor visa expires in 6 weeks. I noticed on the May 2019 forum that your work permit was approved this month. Did you have to restore your status?

kayg

Jul 16, 2019
Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you.
I resent my OWP application to Edmonton just last week, but my visitor visa expires in 6 weeks. I noticed on the May 2019 forum that your work permit was approved this month. Did you have to restore your status?
I did not have to apply for restoration. I ended up calling the CIC customer service office and they told me I have implied status once I have sent in a OWP application to them. I resent the OWP to Edmonton before being out of status. So you should be safe and have implied status. The problem arises when people are out of status then try to send a OWP form then you will have to apply for restoration first.

BTrevisan

Sep 17, 2019
Vancouver, BC
I did not have to apply for restoration. I ended up calling the CIC customer service office and they told me I have implied status once I have sent in a OWP application to them. I resent the OWP to Edmonton before being out of status. So you should be safe and have implied status. The problem arises when people are out of status then try to send a OWP form then you will have to apply for restoration first.
That's a relief! Thanks so much for letting me know!