+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for getting Driving Experience Letter from INDIA format..Urgent

app4ee

Feb 13, 2017
Hello friends,

I am here in Toronto. I have to apply for Toronto driving license and came to know if the foriegner has a driving expericence in their country then they can get a straight G-CLASS license(which is full license) after under going the tests. To get this there is a clause to get the experience letter from the body which issued the driver's license.

In this regards i asked my buddy in India to get me the experience letter from RTO. But shockingly RTO said they don't issue such letters. I went through a lot of topics in this forum which suggests that many have got experience letter from their respective RTO offices.

In order to ask RTO again i need a proof of sample letter. Please reply to this message, if anybody has recently got experience letter from India (if specific from Hyderabad) or has any alternate solution.

vijaycrvi

Sep 14, 2015
Hello friends,

I am here in Toronto. I have to apply for Toronto driving license and came to know if the foriegner has a driving expericence in their country then they can get a straight G-CLASS license(which is full license) after under going the tests. To get this there is a clause to get the experience letter from the body which issued the driver's license.

In this regards i asked my buddy in India to get me the experience letter from RTO. But shockingly RTO said they don't issue such letters. I went through a lot of topics in this forum which suggests that many have got experience letter from their respective RTO offices.

In order to ask RTO again i need a proof of sample letter. Please reply to this message, if anybody has recently got experience letter from India (if specific from Hyderabad) or has any alternate solution.

You need to ask for a DL extract , Generally all the RTO has a format to give.

It shud say your DL no, issuing authority, name & address, DOB, class of vehicle (LMV) DL validity from and to dates.

"This letter is issued on request of the license holder to produce before the licensing authority , CANADA. As per our office records, no violation cases are pending in this DL till this date".

This letter would be valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

sorelconsty

Aug 8, 2017
Please guy. I have issu with proof of fund.
I just created my bank account and sell my land. Now my money is sufficient for express entry application.
I saw you was in the same situation.
How have you manage your issue?

Thanks a lot.

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
Guys, I'm working on getting this letter in a day or next week. However, the agent I spoke with said that the RTA doesn't issue modified/custom letters and the one he showed me doesn't include following when compared to what @vijaycrvi posted above. Please let me know if you think it still works.

1) ""This letter is issued on request of the license holder to produce before the licensing authority , CANADA. As per our office records, no violation cases are pending in this DL till this date"."
2) AND the letter is NOT issued on letterhead! However, there is a stamp signature at the bottom. Please help.

vijaycrvi

Sep 14, 2015
Bump. I will be flying in about 10 days. Please respond if you can! Thank you!! :)
@ cprasp: even though if it is not the letter head it shud work with the seal and stamp but it shud atleast contain DL no, issuing authority, name & address, DOB, class of vehicle (LMV) DL validity from and to dates.

Reactions: cprasp

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I don't know if it helps. In Kerala, the driving experience letter is called 'driving license particulars'. You can check if it called something similar in Hyderabad.

Reactions: cprasp

cprasp

Jul 6, 2015
@ cprasp: even though if it is not the letter head it shud work with the seal and stamp but it shud at least contain DL no, issuing authority, name & address, DOB, class of vehicle (LMV) DL validity from and to dates.
Yes, It includes everything, so I think we are good for now. I will try and not forget to update this thread if this letter is rejected.

Aug 28, 2017
can i have a scan copy of experience letter of driving..i need to obtain that before going..it would be helpful for me..if you guys can send me the address..where should i go..to have this letter..waiting for some useful responses..

Shravya Karam

Sep 19, 2019
Yes, It includes everything, so I think we are good for now. I will try and not forget to update this thread if this letter is rejected.
Hi, was your letter accepted? I need to get an experience letter as well and like it was mentioned earlier, my RTO is only giving out a drivers license extract with all the above details and a couple of sections for hazardous driving, suspension/cancellations details(which were left blank). So it would really help if you can let me know if your letter was of the same format and whether it got accepted or not. Please get back ASAP and thank you!

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, was your letter accepted? I need to get an experience letter as well and like it was mentioned earlier, my RTO is only giving out a drivers license extract with all the above details and a couple of sections for hazardous driving, suspension/cancellations details(which were left blank). So it would really help if you can let me know if your letter was of the same format and whether it got accepted or not. Please get back ASAP and thank you!
Hi,

Any update if your letter got accepted?

Shravya Karam

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

Any update if your letter got accepted?
Hey, yeah it got accepted without any issues. After going through it, they keep the original with them and proceed to ask if you want to schedule G2 or G based on your experience. But yeah, no issues with the extract itself.

kshitib

Aug 16, 2019
Hi, did you take the letter when you left for Canada itself or receive it at a later point of time from India? Also, how long does it take to clear G1 and what are the charges for the same?

Shravya Karam

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, did you take the letter when you left for Canada itself or receive it at a later point of time from India? Also, how long does it take to clear G1 and what are the charges for the same?
Hey, it depends on where you are currently and when you're planning on giving your road test. I gave my G1 written test on Dec 15th, 2018. It cost around 160$ approx but that includes the fee for the G2 road test(which is around 52$ and some change) but I didn't have my letter at that time. I went to India in Feb, got the letter in August and came back in the last week of September, showed it to them and was informed that I was eligible for the G class test(passed it two weeks ago :)). If you can't/aren't going to India though, you could ask a friend/relative to get the letter on your behalf and have it mailed to you. Whoever is going on your behalf should have the original driver's license or else they might be charged an extra 1-2k rupees(depends on the RTO officer or the mediator, if there is one). But yeah, you could do it either way! As for how long it took to clear G1, it depends on how prepared you are. If you're unsure or still learning, I would suggest doing practice tests on g1.ca, they even have a Challenge bank with all your incorrect answers for you to retake. I hope this helps and good luck!