+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for a newbie starting out

gbraide

Mar 26, 2007
Hi there!

I'm looking at moving over to Canada from the UK, only I would be if I knew where to start! I've just become so overwhelmed by it all, I'm finding it so hard to know what questions need to be answered as I've never ventured into anything like this before in my life and I really wouldn't know where to begin!

I've looked online and taken one of those eligibility tests, which as a skilled worker, I should qualify. I understand that my best, although not cheapest course of action would be to hire a professional to do all the ground work and sort out all the legal side, but I'm finding the information to all this somewhat difficult to obtain or even know which questions to be asking and where to look.

I hope this doesn't seem as vague as I'm making it out to be, I could just do with some pointers as to where I should be looking for information & the questions I need to be asking of both myself and a legal team. Any guides/pointers/advice would be greatfully welcomed!

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
gbraide said:
Hi there!

I'm looking at moving over to Canada from the UK, only I would be if I knew where to start! I've just become so overwhelmed by it all, I'm finding it so hard to know what questions need to be answered as I've never ventured into anything like this before in my life and I really wouldn't know where to begin!

I've looked online and taken one of those eligibility tests, which as a skilled worker, I should qualify. I understand that my best, although not cheapest course of action would be to hire a professional to do all the ground work and sort out all the legal side, but I'm finding the information to all this somewhat difficult to obtain or even know which questions to be asking and where to look.

I hope this doesn't seem as vague as I'm making it out to be, I could just do with some pointers as to where I should be looking for information & the questions I need to be asking of both myself and a legal team. Any guides/pointers/advice would be greatfully welcomed!
For Skilled Category Immigration, you need the following as under:
Processing Fees CAD$ 550.00
Right of Landing Fee CAD$ 475.00
Education Info and Transcripts
Personal History
Address History
Work Experience (Last 10Yrs)
Additional Family Information (parents,siblings)
Passport
Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate (if married)
IELTS (for English)
IELTS (for French, if applicable)
Resume
Employment Reference Letters
6 Photographs
Canadian Relative’s Info (if any)

Regards

hammadsanaa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2005
Israel
Hi Shabab,
Please could you tell me what employement reference letters mean?! I think that it is a silly question, but please try to help me without laughing at me!!!
Do you also mean that one needs such letters from each employer within the last 10 years?!
Warm Wishes,
Hammadsanaa

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
hammadsanaa said:
Hi Shabab,
Please could you tell me what employement reference letters mean?! I think that it is a silly question, but please try to help me without laughing at me!!!
Do you also mean that one needs such letters from each employer within the last 10 years?!
Warm Wishes,
Hammadsanaa
Hi Ammadsanaa

our friend Shahab is right!! You must send your current employer’s reference letter and at least the last two (if you have been moving from one job to another so often) if you don't just send one.

So please do not thing that everyone is laughing on you, I could say that everyone on this forum is trying to help, much people actuallly are or used to be in the same point as you are now.

Regards,
Eduardo

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
ranjus said:
www.cic.gc.ca
find the guides,, read them thoroughly and carefully then download the application forms, read them as well and then ask the questions one by one,, or u can just go through the various threads about filling up the application form.