+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help finding NOC for job as Resident Assistant on Campus

msso

Feb 9, 2019
I worked as a Resident Assistant at my university, which I did during my time as a student there for 2 years (20hrs/week). The following is a job description:

Description:
The Department of Housing and Residential Life exists to support and enhance the academic and personal development of residential students. The Resident Assistant performs a crucial role in this process by establishing and maintaining an environment in which each resident finds acceptance, is treated with respect and dignity, has access to services and resources, and has the opportunity to participate in the life of the community. Fundamental to the Resident Assistant position is the concept of being a "role model." Resident Assistants must be exemplary at all times, especially in levels of maturity, responsibility, judgment, conduct, and scholarship.

A. To work towards the accomplishment of the Housing and Residential Life Mission and Goals.
B. To maintain a floor atmosphere that is conducive to academic pursuits and study.
C. To establish a trusting and caring relationship with each floor resident.
D. To exhibit concern for all residents.
E. To promote cooperation, collaboration, and compromise among residents.
F. To provide information and assistance as needed by residents.
G. To provide opportunities for resident involvement.
H. To establish and enforce limits necessary for the satisfactory functioning of a group living environment.

In a nutshell, we were peer mentors/team leaders for the residence halls, and in charge of the residents/students on our floor.
Could you kindly help me figure out the NOC for the job? The closest one I could find was teaching assistant at a university, but that doesn't sound right.

Thank you!

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
I’m not sure hours worked while schooling counts for express entry. Verify from other sources but that was what I understood about CIC rules

msso

Feb 9, 2019
Yeah I thought as much. You probably do have another experience you could use right?
Unfortunately only less than a year. I graduated in May of last year, and started working two months later.
I also worked as a teaching assistant for a year, but I was still a student then.

Ntz

Sep 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
03-10-2020
Your work as Resident Assistant while in school does count towards the express entry, it just does not count for every program. The time you worked while in school counts for the Federal Skilled worker program but not for the Canadian Experience class. Here is a related link with this information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=

Unfortunately I don't know the NOC for the job and I also need it. If somebody knows it it would be useful.

ibaguign

Nov 22, 2020
I worked as a Resident Assistant at my university, which I did during my time as a student there for 2 years (20hrs/week). The following is a job description:

Description:
The Department of Housing and Residential Life exists to support and enhance the academic and personal development of residential students. The Resident Assistant performs a crucial role in this process by establishing and maintaining an environment in which each resident finds acceptance, is treated with respect and dignity, has access to services and resources, and has the opportunity to participate in the life of the community. Fundamental to the Resident Assistant position is the concept of being a "role model." Resident Assistants must be exemplary at all times, especially in levels of maturity, responsibility, judgment, conduct, and scholarship.

A. To work towards the accomplishment of the Housing and Residential Life Mission and Goals.
B. To maintain a floor atmosphere that is conducive to academic pursuits and study.
C. To establish a trusting and caring relationship with each floor resident.
D. To exhibit concern for all residents.
E. To promote cooperation, collaboration, and compromise among residents.
F. To provide information and assistance as needed by residents.
G. To provide opportunities for resident involvement.
H. To establish and enforce limits necessary for the satisfactory functioning of a group living environment.

In a nutshell, we were peer mentors/team leaders for the residence halls, and in charge of the residents/students on our floor.
Could you kindly help me figure out the NOC for the job? The closest one I could find was teaching assistant at a university, but that doesn't sound right.

Thank you!
Have you found the NOC I am in the same situation.

ibaguign

Nov 22, 2020
Your work as Resident Assistant while in school does count towards the express entry, it just does not count for every program. The time you worked while in school counts for the Federal Skilled worker program but not for the Canadian Experience class. Here is a related link with this information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=

Unfortunately I don't know the NOC for the job and I also need it. If somebody knows it it would be useful.
you are rightstudet work count:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394