+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Filling supplementary travel information from

cayanide

Jan 26, 2021
While filling form imm 5562 travel information if the applicant is currently outside of their home country on tourist visa what should they put in up to date column as currently they are travelling and will return at a later date to their home country? the form is being asked as part of ADR for an ongoing permanent residence application thanks.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
While filling form imm 5562 travel information if the applicant is currently outside of their home country on tourist visa what should they put in up to date column as currently they are travelling and will return at a later date to their home country? the form is being asked as part of ADR for an ongoing permanent residence application thanks.
its still travel history in all cases .

cayanide

Jan 26, 2021
its still travel history in all cases .
Yes, I agree but I meant should the leave upto date column empty and submit the form or put a tentative return date and submit it? Because they are outside home country and the form is supposed to be received by a specific date, thanks.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Yes, I agree but I meant should the leave upto date column empty and submit the form or put a tentative return date and submit it? Because they are outside home country and the form is supposed to be received by a specific date, thanks.
I do not know what is the rule/protocol for this as I failed to find one in IRCC website. However, this is what I we are planning to do in my in-laws PGP application. May be this is not applicable to you, so just sharing our plan.

In my in-laws case, they are out of their country for more than 180 days, including past and ongoing visits. These visits (exact date of TO and From) has to be note down in IMM008 Generic Form (in the section country of residence). However, IMM008 does not allow you to put future date, so the best you could do is to put the date of application submission (we will be updating this date just before submitting application, say on 2202/Nov/XX). To make it consistent, in IMM5562 travel information form we are going to put the current year and month (i.e., XX) on To section and duration to be the number of days till 2202/Nov/XX from the day of arrival. We will be writing a note explaining this situation and expected date of departure from the country, in an explanation letter that we are planning to submit.