+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help filling IMM5708 for dependent wife

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Hi,

I am applying for PGWP. My wife has an Open Work Permit and has been working here for more than a year. We plan to apply Visitor Record for her.

I have gone through the steps on IRCC and have received the form IMM5708e for her application. I had a few questions regarding this form:

In the "Details of visit to Canada" section:

i) what would be the purpose of the visit? Would it be Family Visit or should I select Other and explain the situation about PGWP?
ii) what would be the duration of the visit? I understand that the visitor record would be of the same length as my PGWP. So what should I put as the end date? I assume the start date is the date when her work permit expires?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi,

I am applying for PGWP. My wife has an Open Work Permit and has been working here for more than a year. We plan to apply Visitor Record for her.

I have gone through the steps on IRCC and have received the form IMM5708e for her application. I had a few questions regarding this form:

In the "Details of visit to Canada" section:

i) what would be the purpose of the visit? Would it be Family Visit or should I select Other and explain the situation about PGWP?
ii) what would be the duration of the visit? I understand that the visitor record would be of the same length as my PGWP. So what should I put as the end date? I assume the start date is the date when her work permit expires?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You
When I applied for my PGWP, I included my wife’s SOWP extension application and changed my son’s SP to visitor. For my son, I simply put the date six months from my PGWP application (June 3, 2020). When my PGWP was approved in September 2020, my wife’s SOWP and my son’s Visitor permit have the same expiration as my PGWP.