+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Help] Family Sponsorship

zzkjell

Dec 1, 2019
My father is a permanent resident in Canada. He sponsored me and my family via Family Class Sponsorship Program. My question is, how long does it take for the sponsored family (a spouse and 3 dependent children) to officially move to Canada from Pakistan after submitting their sponsorship application forms (Schedule A forms, Representative forms, Questionnaires etc), required documents (ID Cards copies, Birth certificates, Police reports etc), and medical exam results? I've heard from most people that it will probably take 8-12 months but I've had friends and relatives who only had to wait like 2-3 months. What's up with that?
Also, my father first seeked asylum in Canada because of religious discrimination we had to face here in Pakistan. Does that affect the timeline?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My father is a permanent resident in Canada. He sponsored me and my family via Family Class Sponsorship Program. My question is, how long does it take for the sponsored family (a spouse and 3 dependent children) to officially move to Canada from Pakistan after submitting their sponsorship application forms (Schedule A forms, Representative forms, Questionnaires etc), required documents (ID Cards copies, Birth certificates, Police reports etc), and medical exam results? I've heard from most people that it will probably take 8-12 months but I've had friends and relatives who only had to wait like 2-3 months. What's up with that?
Also, my father first seeked asylum in Canada because of religious discrimination we had to face here in Pakistan. Does that affect the timeline?
On what basis is he attempting to sponsor you? Has he received the Acknowledgement of Receipt and/or Sponsor Approval notifications yet?