+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP...!! Employer Specific Work Permit after LMIA

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
Hi.
I have been trying to find list of required documents for employer specific work permit but I couldn't.
My employer has put up the advertisement, I know it will take time to wait, apply, wait for the result but I want to start getting ready for the work permit.
I am currently on Working Holiday visa, Open Work Permit which will expire in 7months.

Q1. I submitted police certificates from South Korea and New Zealand when I applied for IEC/working holiday to come here (2018). I came here 2019 March, since then I have never left Canada. Do I still need to get South Korea and New Zealand police certificate to apply for new work permit? or the ones I used for IEC is also okay?

Q2. Do I need IELTS to apply for work permit? if yes, then what will be the good score for it?

Q3. Do I need foreign credential validation against Canadian standards for my degree I got from overseas to apply for work permit or just the copy of my degree will be fine?

Q4. Which application form do I need to use for employer specific work permit? (please tell me the number of the form ex. IMM****)

Q5. What are all the other required documents?

I know there are a lot of questions but please help me finding these information.. :eek:
Thank you so much.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"Do I still need to get South Korea and New Zealand police certificate to apply for new work permit? or the ones I used for IEC is also okay?"
You don't need police clearances to apply for a work permit.

"Do I need IELTS to apply for work permit? if yes, then what will be the good score for it?"
No

"Do I need foreign credential validation against Canadian standards for my degree I got from overseas to apply for work permit or just the copy of my degree will be fine?"
Neither is required

"Which application form do I need to use for employer specific work permit? (please tell me the number of the form ex. IMM****)"
IMM 5710

"What are all the other required documents?"
Job offer letter. You'll have a personalised checklist when the time comes.