+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

????HELP ! EE - CEC Approval in Principle

Leojeff

Jul 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I haven't seen any posts around this question so I wonder if any of you could help me out.

Here we go:

1. My wife and I have applied for EE under CEC a couple weeks ago
2. We've received our AOR
3. It's my understanding that under EE CEC we won't be getting an AIP ( approval in principle) as it gives exactly the same status we have right now with just the AOR +eligibility to bridge a WP.

The Issue is: my wife and I have OWP valid for more 2 years and she wants to take ESL classes and they're asking for the AIP letter - I'm pretty sure most schools don't really know much about these different immigration processes so my questions are:

*Has anyone faced anything similar in the past?

The AOR mentions the BOWP but nothing regarding study permit ... Well, I haven't come across someone who was in the PR process and had to apply for a study permit ( So that doesn't make any sense)

* if so, would the AOR give my wife eligibility to take an ESL program? (goverment-regulated ESL)

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

I haven't seen any posts around this question so I wonder if any of you could help me out.

Here we go:

1. My wife and I have applied for EE under CEC a couple weeks ago
2. We've received our AOR
3. It's my understanding that under EE CEC we won't be getting an AIP ( approval in principle) as it gives exactly the same status we have right now with just the AOR +eligibility to bridge a WP.

The Issue is: my wife and I have OWP valid for more 2 years and she wants to take ESL classes and they're asking for the AIP letter - I'm pretty sure most schools don't really know much about these different immigration processes so my questions are:

*Has anyone faced anything similar in the past?

The AOR mentions the BOWP but nothing regarding study permit ... Well, I haven't come across someone who was in the PR process and had to apply for a study permit ( So that doesn't make any sense)

* if so, would the AOR give my wife eligibility to take an ESL program? (goverment-regulated ESL)

Thank you!
Yes - you're right, AIP is not granted with CEC. AIP is granted for inland spousal sponsorships where a Canadian spous is sponsoring their foreign partner from within Canada.

I don't know if AOR is accepted for ESL programs. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Reactions: Leojeff