+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!!!....Desparately need good advice regarding Visa and Masters Admission !

redwitch1987

Aug 31, 2012
Hello Everyone :)

New Here. :)

I completed my Bachelor in Arts ( Subjects- General English, Functional English, History and Culture of Panjab, Sociology and elective English) in 2010 with 57%. Currently I'm doing a 1 year PG Diploma in Social Work from IGNOU. Its a one year diploma. I really love the health aspect of Social Work plus I also love research.I scored around 56% in class 10th and around 66% in class 12th.

Therefore I want to pursue Masters in Public Health but unfortunately Indian universities doesn't offer Masters in Public Health to students from a non science background, however Canada does. Therefore I want to go Canada to do MPH. Plus a Canadian degree is very much valued in India. I'm thinking about taking a partial loan against FDs or property.

There are two major problems which I will probably face :(

1. Getting into a good university with a three year degree and low GPA. However I'm pretty certain that I'll score well in my IELTS and GRE.

2. I'm afraid that my Visa might get rejected since I'm from a non science background and yet am applying to a programme somewhat related to science.

What shall I do ? What are my options? One of the counselors I met suggested that I should apply to some other course. But I don't want to do so since I'm only going to Canada because the path I want to choose inst available in India. Also please suggest some good , genuine study abroad consultants in Delhi.Plz plz plz help me !!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Desparately need good advice regarding Visa and Masters Admission !

I think your biggest problem is the three year bachelors and low GPA. Almost all Masters programs in Canada required a four year bachelor degree. First find a school in Canada that is willing to accept you. If you can't find a school that will accept you - then the second issues becomes a moot point.

redwitch1987

Aug 31, 2012
Re: Desparately need good advice regarding Visa and Masters Admission !

scylla said:
I think your biggest problem is the three year bachelors and low GPA. Almost all Masters programs in Canada required a four year bachelor degree. First find a school in Canada that is willing to accept you. If you can't find a school that will accept you - then the second issues becomes a moot point.
Yeah you are right about the low GPA. Hopefully if I score well on GRE and IELTS, it will help my case. I had mailed SFU. They told me that students with 3 degrees can apply. Fingers crossed!!