+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Decision Making...Concnerns and Questions!!!

babybear

Jan 10, 2012
Thank you for everyone who asks questions and who answers those questions. You folks are very helpful!!! Hoping someone can help me out here before I make the final decision to apply for CEC. :))

My post-grad work permit is going to expire in July. It will be 3 years at the time so I won't be able to extend unless my employer would help me out by going through LMO or other routes which I don't really see that happening. I have been debating back and forth whether or not I still want to apply for it and stay in Canada since there are lots of pros and cons behind that decision. I went over the application kit and guide and apparently I pass all requirements except job title although I do have lots of management responsibility and work as the head of the department but that is the only concern and possibility CIC would refuse my application......

Here comes some of my concerns and questions,
1) If I decided to apply for the CEC, can I go back home and wait there after sending my application in Canada and while the application is pending/in process?
2) If the answer is "Yes" to Question 1), would I be able to come back to Canada as a visitor or apply for working holiday visa as a foreign worker while the application is pending/in process?
3) I have read posts regrading the medical exam which can be done at the country where you are in but would like to confirm that?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

babybear said:
Thank you for everyone who asks questions and who answers those questions. You folks are very helpful!!! Hoping someone can help me out here before I make the final decision to apply for CEC. :))

My post-grad work permit is going to expire in July. It will be 3 years at the time so I won't be able to extend unless my employer would help me out by going through LMO or other routes which I don't really see that happening. I have been debating back and forth whether or not I still want to apply for it and stay in Canada since there are lots of pros and cons behind that decision. I went over the application kit and guide and apparently I pass all requirements except job title although I do have lots of management responsibility and work as the head of the department but that is the only concern and possibility CIC would refuse my application......

Here comes some of my concerns and questions,
1) If I decided to apply for the CEC, can I go back home and wait there after sending my application in Canada and while the application is pending/in process?
2) If the answer is "Yes" to Question 1), would I be able to come back to Canada as a visitor or apply for working holiday visa as a foreign worker while the application is pending/in process?
3) I have read posts regrading the medical exam which can be done at the country where you are in but would like to confirm that?
1. Yes.
2. Yes, if you qualify, but note most IEC WHVs require that you have been residing in your home country for 18 months in the past 3 years.
3. Yes, at any DMP in the world.

babybear

Jan 10, 2012
Thank you, PMM. :)

One more question...and I know the answer may be different case by case or by the person in CIC reviews the case but would CIC refuse my application based on my job title which is not qualify or they would consider responsibilities I have at the job as well!? My manager said he would help me with employment letter but I really don't want to take chance. The company I work for is very strict with job titles as they probably think they have to pay more if someone reaches curtain title!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is the job responsibilities that matter much more than the title.

babybear

Jan 10, 2012
Thank you, jes_ON!!! It really gives more confidence to send off my application. Hope I will have more experience later to help other people out like everyone here. Many thanks again. Gonna start getting all papers together. :))