+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - Confused // which visa i should apply for?

CherineAmr

Jan 29, 2015
Hi

I really need an urgent feedback regarding my case, if you may help :)

Im an Egyptian married to an Egyptian/Canadian, we are both now living in Egypt.

We decided that we want to move to Canada, I want to study and he wants to find a job and maybe study as well.

my question, Im willing to do my masters for 2 years, shall i apply for a student visa?
or it will be rejected since my husband is Canadian? I have the feeling that they would want to apply for my husband sponsorship...
but he's not even living there.. and not willing to get a full time job.. and im paying for my own tuition fees

is it better not to mention that we are married and go under a student visa then we re-marry when we get there and after my student period ends, then he applies that he sponsors me?

or applying for a student visa wont be a problem?

All my friends that are married to Canadians they get refusals on their visitors visa.. it's the embassy's routine.. and im worried that i get a refusal as well.

Hope to hear anyone's advice

thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to mention that you are married. If you lie and say you are single, this is misrepresentation which is punished with a five year ban from Canada.

Yes - if you want to study a 2 year Master's - you will need a study permit.

CherineAmr

Jan 29, 2015
But do you think they won't accept my student visa because my husband is canadian?

What do you advice me to do?