+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Conditional PR & Cheating husband

Snowy226

Feb 2, 2017
Hello all,

I would like to get your opinion on my situation, since I am super sad,I don't know what to do anymore.

here is my story, my husband (Canadian) and I got married in 2013, and I come to Canada in Dec 2014 under his sponsorship and got my conditional PR. he and I was living in my country before, then I came to Canada all by myself since he said he needs to finish his work in China before he comes back. I remembered that was a Christmas day I was with his parents spending Christmas days together. then a girl messaged me asking about him, then I realized he was cheating on me with her (then after my investigation that he was even having sexual relationship with a few other girls). I know i couldn't really do anything if he wants to cheat.
I tried to find a job, tried to earn money to support myself, everything went well, then he came back to Canada, begging me ask me to back to him, he was telling me he's sick, has mental illness, didn't know what is right and what is wrong, his parents came to talk to me trying to convince me that he didn't mean to do that, but he just has some mental issues. I didn't agree at first and we were living separated, then he was trying super hard, and a lot of things happens, long story short, I decided to give him another chance wishing that we could be happy since then.

then a few times during our time together, I found out he didn't really change, he's still on dating websites, hang out and flirting with different girls, then I told him I will leave him, after all these arguments, his father texted me, begged me to trust him on more time, since he is going through therapy now, his father and him promised me things will be better. then I was stupid enough that trusted him.

(of course lots of things and arguments happen during our time together, maybe because I was too stupid to realize everything was a lie, maybe I just loved him so much even he did so much to hurt me).
recently i found out he went out date another girl and flirt with her a lot, I couldn't take it anymore, I am sad, I didn't know what i did wrong deserve such hurt, he didn't have money, so I borrowed some money to buy a car for him to do some uber and earn money, instead of being grateful, he chose to take everything for granted.

I told him this time i decided that we would never be able to go back again, he then questioning me for using him just to come to canada and said a lot of mean things to do (of course when we argue I said a lot of mean things to him as well). and he said he is going to report me so that I will never be able to stay or come to canada anymore. (I know he was just threatening me).

Even I hate him so much, but he and I had around 6 years of relationship, and I did love him a lot, I am so sad and I couldn't sleep during the past two weeks now, I cried every night, and I got a depression.

sorry guys for so much information, I just want to know, although I already passed my two years condition, but I didn't live with him during the first a few months, if we are separated, will CIC revoke my PR? I worked extremely hard to just built my career and friends here, I don't want to loose everything there. I am angry and sad, I am afraid my anger will make me make the wrong choice, can you guys give me some opinion on what should I do?

Snowy226

Feb 2, 2017
Buletruck said:
Just to clarify, you are in Canada and have been here more than 2 years?
Yes, I am in canada and it's already been two years. But the thing is during our first a few months separation, CIC knows that we were not living together, (they investigated me and my husband went to them saying that he cheated on me, and we are trying to get back together) which means I am not living with him for more than 2 years.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Have they actually come and done an investigation? Have they made any visits to your home or questioned you?

Snowy226

Feb 2, 2017
Buletruck said:
Have they actually come and done an investigation? Have they made any visits to your home or questioned you?
I never met them in person, they called him asked him where he was living and whether the person dropped me of the other day was him. Then my husband went to their office and confessed that he was unfaithful to me and said we are trying to make it work. Then they call me and told me that they investigated me, and telling me both my husband and I were not following the rule which we need to figure it as soon as possible.

After that I really thought my husband changed since he was willing to admit what he's done. :( but I was so wrong.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Snowy226 said:
I never met them in person, they called him asked him where he was living and whether the person dropped me of the other day was him. Then my husband went to their office and confessed that he was unfaithful to me and said we are trying to make it work. Then they call me and told me that they investigated me, and telling me both my husband and I were not following the rule which we need to figure it as soon as possible.
When exactly did all this happen with CIC?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Snowy226 said:
Are you saying that CIC, on their own, was spying on your husband and called him to question him? Then they called you? Are you sure it was indeed CIC that called you? Did you call CIC back on their official number to confirm?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Snowy226 said:
April 2016
Nobody here can say for sure, as only CIC really knows what's going on in your file. Since it was reported and there was an investigation launched, the conditional status in your case would not be automatically removed after 2 years until CIC reached a final decision (revoke or let you keep PR status).

However since it's now been 10 months and you haven't heard anything since, there's a good chance CIC has simply dropped your case and will not be trying to revoke your PR status. Since the direction from Liberals is to eliminate Conditional PR rule completely, I can't seem them spending lots of resources even on pursuing existing cases.

Again though nobody knows for sure. You'll just need to wait and see what happens.

Snowy226

Feb 2, 2017
Rob_TO said:
Nobody here can say for sure, as only CIC really knows what's going on in your file. Since it was reported and there was an investigation launched, the conditional status in your case would not be automatically removed after 2 years until CIC reached a final decision (revoke or let you keep PR status).

However since it's now been 10 months and you haven't heard anything since, there's a good chance CIC has simply dropped your case and will not be trying to revoke your PR status. Since the direction from Liberals is to eliminate Conditional PR rule completely, I can't seem them spending lots of resources even on pursuing existing cases.

Again though nobody knows for sure. You'll just need to wait and see what happens.
Yeah, they already told me that they closed my case, since my husband and I was planning to move back. together. And it's actually 1 year and 8-9 month ago.
Just if I ever decided to leave my husband, he will report me to CIC, not too sure whether they will revoke my by that time.
Maybe I should give it a try, instead of suffering everyday watching him cheating on me over and over again.

Snowy226

Feb 2, 2017
keesio said:
Are you saying that CIC, on their own, was spying on your husband and called him to question him? Then they called you? Are you sure it was indeed CIC that called you? Did you call CIC back on their official number to confirm?
Yes, I think the reason was we were using two different addresses, so they started to investigate us. But my husband had to go to Cic to make a confess statement. They they called me questioned me a bit, and saying they reached a final decision that they will close my file, but hope we can work things out as we said we would.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Snowy226 said:
Yeah, they already told me that they closed my case, since my husband and I was planning to move back. together. And it's actually 1 year and 8-9 month ago.
Just if I ever decided to leave my husband, he will report me to CIC, not too sure whether they will revoke my by that time.
Maybe I should give it a try, instead of suffering everyday watching him cheating on me over and over again.
If they closed your case then there is nothing more to worry about. If they wanted to open a new case against you, they would have had to do it during the initial 2 years. I think they've already removed the "conditional" PR status from your file, but not sure if there's any way you can find out for sure.

Snowy226

Feb 2, 2017
Rob_TO said:
If they closed your case then there is nothing more to worry about. If they wanted to open a new case against you, they would have had to do it during the initial 2 years. I think they've already removed the "conditional" PR status from your file, but not sure if there's any way you can find out for sure.
Yeah, because this time my husband seen me decided to leave, I am afraid he won't even tell the truth to CIC, and when I said I would leave, he said he would report me to CiC, and will make sure I lost everything I have, and he will take all my assets and make me sleep on the street. I know he couldn't do that, but they way he talks I already know I am all by myself now.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If they wanted to open a new case against you, they would have had to do it during the initial 2 years.
I tend to agree (Although I am having some issues following the whole story). When did you originally receive your COPR and land in Canada?

Snowy226

Feb 2, 2017
Buletruck said:
I tend to agree (Although I am having some issues following the whole story). When did you originally receive your COPR and land in Canada?
Dec 2014 landed in Canada, then I did not talk to my husband for a few months, then his family and him were trying to convince me he didn't mean to hurt me but it's because he has some mental issue couldn't figure out what is right or wrong or bla bla bla, at that time I still loved him, then I started to see him again and trying to see if this realationship would work. Then we were actually decided to move back together , CIC started their investigation, then it's what's happening.