+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****HELP!!! CIC RETURNED SPOUSAL APPLICATION - MISSING PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP****

nyxcupido

Feb 15, 2016
Hi All,

Please help. CIC sent back application for my wife (Indian citizen, working in Dubai). We got married in December (small ceremony) in Mumbai. I am a permanent resident and live in Canada. I submitted photos of our engagement, wedding and other place we travelled with friends and family. Everything was submitted as per the checklist since we do not live together, we do not have any joint bank accounts or lease papers. We only have pictures, airline tickets and messages/ chats. I am writing exactly what CIC asked for as proof of relationship.

One document from the three following sets of options:
- Minimum 1 joint residential document
- Minimum 1 join utilities document
- Government IDs showing same address for you and your wife (DL, Insurance policies, etc)
- Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your wife
- Document showing and recognising each other as spouse (Employment or insurance benefits)
- Proof of relationship recognised by friends and family (Letters from them, social media showing information of public relationship, etc)

My question is, with us living and working in different countries, it is very difficult to provide government issues IDs or residential document. Will letters and pictures with friends and family suffice??

I am really confused. PLEASE HELP FOLKS!!!

Thank you in advance for your time :)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
nyxcupido said:
Hi All,

Please help. CIC sent back application for my wife (Indian citizen, working in Dubai). We got married in December (small ceremony) in Mumbai. I am a permanent resident and live in Canada. I submitted photos of our engagement, wedding and other place we travelled with friends and family. Everything was submitted as per the checklist since we do not live together, we do not have any joint bank accounts or lease papers. We only have pictures, airline tickets and messages/ chats. I am writing exactly what CIC asked for as proof of relationship.

- Government IDs showing same address for you and your wife (DL, Insurance policies, etc)
- Document showing and recognising each other as spouse (Employment or insurance benefits)
- Proof of relationship recognised by friends and family (Letters from them, social media showing information of public relationship, etc)

My question is, with us living and working in different countries, it is very difficult to provide government issues IDs or residential document. Will letters and pictures with friends and family suffice??

Did you provide explicit explanations for why you didn't have those things? I would have had the same exact problem with the joint residential and utilities documents, as well as government IDs, etc. My husband and I applied prior to the new kit/proof requirements. If I had applied under those requirements, however, I would have provided an explanation for why we *didn't* have each of those things.

IvoryX

Dec 1, 2016
nyxcupido said:
Hi All,

Are you sure your application was rejected due to failure to meet the requirements under Supporting Documents?

In order to establish the genuineness of the relationship, be it common/law or marriage, you need to have EVIDENCE to proof it to visa officer.
The test is you need to show you and your spouse are interdependent in many formats. Financial support is a good part of it.
Do you have any insurance where you have your spouse listed as a beneficiary?
Do you send your spouse money/support at all? Do you own any big ticket item jointly?
If you really don't have anything else other than what you have mentioned earlier, you need to explain why to VO.

Remember, VO only has what is in front of him to make a decision. They have to fell comfortable to make a positive decision.

Ivory

IamGill

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
File Transfer...
02-05-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017 (Passed)
Med's Done....
11-04-2017 (DM on 1-08-2017)
Passport Req..
07-08-2017 (Submitted on 08-08-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-08-2017
nyxcupido said:
Hi All,

Hey!! I live in Canada while my husband lives in India. So we don't own anything together in Canada or India. (I'm A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND HE'S INDIAN!! Why the heck would I've an insurance policy in India lol) Anyway... I provided a screenshot of our post when I and him shared with our friends and family on Facebook that we got engaged and we got married. Our friends/family commented on it and liked it. So far...I got approved as a sponsor and the only thing I was asked was a 'completed and signed Schedule A background declaration form.'
If you don't mind me asking, did you get approved as a sponsor? If you didn't then I would suggest sending what I sent. :) Good luck

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nyxcupido said:
Hi All,

This might be my issue as well but I think if you can provide a copy of your notice of assessment that states you are "married"? Also, maybe Facebook/instagram posts that connect you as husband/wife. Maybe any document that states that you are married? Like others have stated, write a letter indicating why you don't have that information. I hope others who are in a similar situation can contribute....goodluck!!

nyxcupido

Feb 15, 2016
IamGill said:
Hey!! I live in Canada while my husband lives in India. So we don't own anything together in Canada or India. (I'm A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND HE'S INDIAN!! Why the heck would I've an insurance policy in India lol) Anyway... I provided a screenshot of our post when I and him shared with our friends and family on Facebook that we got engaged and we got married. Our friends/family commented on it and liked it. So far...I got approved as a sponsor and the only thing I was asked was a 'completed and signed Schedule A background declaration form.'
If you don't mind me asking, did you get approved as a sponsor? If you didn't then I would suggest sending what I sent. :) Good luck
Thank you for your reply. No I have not got approved as a sponsor. But I will try to gather other proofs so I can present the same to VO. I hope they will be fine with it.

nyxcupido

Feb 15, 2016
Thank you everyone for your inputs. Will try and gather a proof like a joint bank account and sent is to them ASAP.

Good luck to everyone :)