+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! CIC requesting my passport but complicated situation.

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
Hello to all of you!

Please bear with me... I apologize for the lengthy post...

I have received yesterday a letter from CIC requesting my passport along with 2 passport-sized photos. In normal circumstances, I would readily send it over.

This is my situation:

1. I have a work visa here in Thailand. This work visa expires in July 7, 2017.
2. I received the request for my passport yesterday May 17, 2017. The letter said I have 30 days to comply. Which gives me roughly until June 16, 2017 to send my passport over.
3. Passports sent through CVAC in Thailand go through VFSGLOBAL.CA THAILAND BRANCH. This branch then sends it to Singapore (High Commission of Canada).

This is my predicament.

Having called VFS Thailand, I was told that my passport would not be returned until AT LEAST a month later. So then I asked if that meant it's possible that the processing will take more than a month or maybe a month and a half, VFS Thailand said YES.
------> This means that while waiting for my passport, it is highly possible that my work visa here in Thailand expires. If I send my passport now, it is very likely that I will only get it back sometime first week of July and my work visa here in Thailand would have already expired by then.

I can't rush my employer to renew my work visa, because Thailand government has to have it done two weeks before the work visa expires ---THAT is around the same time when my 30 days allowance from CIC to submit my passport expires.

WHAT DO I DO??? :(

Is it possible to request CIC, IRCC, or High Commission of Canada, Singapore office that I be given two months to comply with the submission of my passport? If yes, how?

Is there anyone here who has had experience on sending their passport through VFS Thailand? How many days did you have to wait for your passport to be returned?

I can't resign just yet...

Please.... any good thoughts, advice, suggestions, email addresses or phone numbers to contact will be greatly appreciated.

Once again, sorry for the very long post..

THANK YOU ALL!

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
You can definitely ask for extension as they specifically ask if is there any issues you can contact them.

Reactions: Bangkok16

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
You can definitely ask for extension as they specifically ask if is there any issues you can contact them.
Thank you RiZ92!
How do I contact them? Who do I contact? Do I email Singapore office or Canada office? Any suggested avenues? Like email address or phone number maybe?

Once again. Thank you!

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Thank you RiZ92!
How do I contact them? Who do I contact? Do I email Singapore office or Canada office? Any suggested avenues? Like email address or phone number maybe?

Once again. Thank you!
They must have written the email address on your PPR email. Email them as they will deal with your case.

Reactions: Bangkok16

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
Thank you for the suggestion....

I am still open to anyone who might also have other suggestions PLEEEAAASSEEEE....

Thank you all!