Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glanda said:
Thank you for your reply. I would like to share my experiences after I deal with all these problems... I'm sorry but I'm so frustrated right now...almost dying..
I totally understand your situation..we will all try to help you in whatever way we can..

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glanda said:
1. No, I need to order it. But the Ielts homepage said if in Toronto, I can receive it in two days... (I hope it's true)

2. Yes, I saw it... it said "The letter listed the main duties you persformed. The information provided did not satisfy me that you have performed the funcitons of the lead statement and a majority of the main duties under NOC 0124" and I found that it's true.... NOC 0124 requires serveal years, but I didn't have this serveral years experiences...

3. Yes, I am.
1) I believe as long as the IELTS is valid when it is submitted it should be fine, but if you wanted to be extra safe you should re-take - it's a very short period of validity. IELTS tend to be valid for a couple of years, when did you get your results? If you call them up you can usually do it earlier as they have cancellations etc.

They wouldn't reject you due to job requirements - they don't come into the assessment. The main thing they are looking at are the job duties listed for that NOC vs the job duties on your ref letter. Title is irrelevant... They expect your title to be different to that of the NOC you choose, this is perfectly normal. The focus is on a good match of duties.

I'd suggest providing an explanation letter with the new app saying that you didn't understand the NOC system & you previously choose based on job title instead of NOC. As long as you do this, you should be fine. Ensure that you don't make any major changes to your ref. letter in respect to title or duties as this will look suspect.

GOod luck with your new app.

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
7799 said:
I have gcms notes. Visa officer just open file and within 10 mins he refuse case. If he found nothing to reject the case then he gives reason that he was not satisfied with duties and lead statement function. So not satisfied u meet employment requirement. Blah blah..
What do u mean exactly ?

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
jsm0085 said:
1) I believe as long as the IELTS is valid when it is submitted it should be fine, but if you wanted to be extra safe you should re-take - it's a very short period of validity. IELTS tend to be valid for a couple of years, when did you get your results? If you call them up you can usually do it earlier as they have cancellations etc.

They wouldn't reject you due to job requirements - they don't come into the assessment. The main thing they are looking at are the job duties listed for that NOC vs the job duties on your ref letter. Title is irrelevant... They expect your title to be different to that of the NOC you choose, this is perfectly normal. The focus is on a good match of duties.

I'd suggest providing an explanation letter with the new app saying that you didn't understand the NOC system & you previously choose based on job title instead of NOC. As long as you do this, you should be fine. Ensure that you don't make any major changes to your ref. letter in respect to title or duties as this will look suspect.

I agree with u... But glanda, did u have your gcms note with u ? Try to get the indeed look into your note

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Particulary this visa officer refuse cases nowadays. He just want to refuse doesnt matter how good letter is.
Anyone got medical request on open work permit whose visa officer is this one? I think answer would be NO.
Bcs who have open work pemit have difficult to prove that they performed job under certain NOC.
We are not insane. Applicant review job duties and NOC, 100 time before apply. So its not matter of NOC mismatch. Still why gets refusal?? And why only one visa officer?

Person who got MR through visa officer have close permit. Even after MR their cases are not finilized yet.

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE MY POST. as i follow this thread i will reply. I try ppl to understand who and how reject cases. I dont want to be famous. So please do not reply which insert quote. Or i would delete my posts.
I think someone should start thread for refused applicant, reason for refusal, and their visa officer.

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
Did u guys apply similar time ? Or other vo found problem with the letter, then transfer to this vo to do further review ? I think mine is taking forever too

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
jsm0085 said:

Thank you for your suggestions~~ I will try my best...

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
nicole1006 said:
I agree with u... But glanda, did u have your gcms note with u ? Try to get the indeed look into your note
Not yet, but honestly, I don't have this time right now... so sad... I have ordered it yesterday, but I only have two weeks to re-submit the application... I know it takes risk, but really don't have other ways... I need my job...

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
sorry, I see.
but what are you going to do? Are you going to fight with this person?
So sad, I really don't have time to fight with him/her right now. If in this case, I would like to say I am in really bad luck... Why this person refused us so easily??? He/She doesn't know we are trying so hard, and wating for such a long time? 4 years university, and 1.5 years working and months of waiting...

broiler

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Hi, it seems a bit vauge but maybe your job letter listing duties did not really relate to the duties under the noc you applied. May we have a look at what you wrote on the letter? Maybe then we can compare it, the duties is very important.

Also you say you want to change your noc, to what? Maybe you applied under the wrong noc if you want to change noc...?

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glanda,
I am going to apply with same NOC but detailed experience letter.
There is no such guarantee that i will get approval this time.
As well as there is no guarantee that if we change NOC (like change NOC 0,A to B) they will convince and approve file. The reason he gives is duties not performed. If you copy paste duties from HRSDC then its straight refusal. If you change duties or wording then still it is possible that he will not satisfied with new application too. I think safe way is close work pemit.
So as long as file goes in his hand then there is good changes of rejection.
After applying new application i am planning to apply for LMO rather than BOWP.
As per my knowledge your lmo only get approval if you meet job requirement. So then there would be no issue of NOC and employment requirement.

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
hey glanda,
sorry to hear about your refusal. cant imagine how stressful it can be, but i feel for you.
hopefully it goes better next time!

may i ask when you applied?

as other users suggested maybe we can help u wiht the reference letter if you provide us the NOC code you applied under and what the duties you mentioned in the letter if you still have it. it might help for your next application

dont worry and just keep moving forward!

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
LMO....
I want to apply this too, however, I have to ask my boss first right? I just got my reject letter yesterday, and today is Saturday... Nothing I can do...T_T
I will try to do more research about the LMO, but it seems to be not easy to get...

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glanda,
U apply as soon as possible without PCC. You dont have enough time. Apply now then think about lmo incase of you think new application will not workout.

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
everyone, I will provide my information later. I just go my letter yesterday afternoon... so nothing I can provide right now... The agency got all my information, and yesterday, I was losing my mind...(even now)...
the suggestion is given by the agency...