+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - CEC Query - Working two jobs - Eligible?

gsbx

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

I'm working at two jobs at the moment.

One of them is NOC C and I'm working around 35-38 hours per week and I am working as an assistant manager at my other job which is NOC 0 (averaging 35 hours per week).

So I was just wondering:

1. Can I use the experience gained while working at my second job to apply under CEC? Is it eligible work experience?

2. Another problem is that our restaurant is a small one, and we have just two owners and I work as an assistant manager (so a total staff of just 3 people).

One of the owner does the cooking, the other one works as a server. I myself perform the duties mentioned in my NOC along with other duties including kitchen helping, serving etc.

Is this going to cause a problem that why are we so short-staffed or the officer might question the fact that the restaurant didn't need any manager since it already had two owners/partners working themselves?

3. Someone told me if I use a particular job to apply under CEC then I'm allowed to work only part-time (max 20 hours per week) on my second job, no matter what job it is. Is it true? I'm on a PGWP. I thought it was an open work permit without any restriction and it didn't mattered how many hours I worked when claiming my work experience under CIC.

Thanks a lot for your advice in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

One of them is NOC C and I'm working around 35-38 hours per week
NOC C is not eligible (it is not classified as skilled employment.

and I am working as an assistant manager at my other job which is NOC 0 (averaging 35 hours per week).

1. Can I use the experience gained while working at my second job to apply under CEC? Is it eligible work experience? If you have the correct NOC (NOC 0631), it is eligible.

2. Another problem is that our restaurant is a small one, and we have just two owners and I work as an assistant manager (so a total staff of just 3 people). One of the owner does the cooking, the other one works as a server. I myself perform the duties mentioned in my NOC along with other duties including kitchen helping, serving etc.
Review the job duties. Key managerial duties are managing/supervising staff. Without any staff to supervise, it will be difficult for IRCC to accept that you perform the duties of that NOC.
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0631&ver=16&val65=assistant manager restaurant

• Recruit staff and oversee staff training
  • Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
Moreover, since you work with the 2 owners, it might not seem credible if you claim that you
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a restaurant, bar, cafeteria or other food or beverage service
  • Determine type of services to be offered ...
I'm not saying you don't perform these duties - I am saying it might be difficult for IRCC to believe it.

Is this going to cause a problem that why are we so short-staffed or the officer might question the fact that the restaurant didn't need any manager since it already had two owners/partners working themselves?

IRCC has certainly questioned this in the past. No guarantees how they will treat your application.

3. Someone told me if I use a particular job to apply under CEC then I'm allowed to work only part-time (max 20 hours per week) on my second job, no matter what job it is. Is it true?
No.

I'm on a PGWP. I thought it was an open work permit without any restriction
That is correct.

and it didn't mattered how many hours I worked when claiming my work experience under CIC.
It matters quite a bit, but not for the reasons worrying you.

Reactions: gsbx